V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Thanks for the post. The part about the Fatboy and Honda is priceless!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Good reading, but the part about the Fatboy may be a little off. The bombs dropped in Japan were the Little Boy and Fat Man, not fatboy. The write up got me curious, so I and went out to the snopes website and did a search. Here's the link:

http://www.snopes.com/business/market/fatboy.htm

Then again, I did say I'm not one to let the truth get in the way of a good story and this was a good story.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the reference was more about the yellow stripe on the bombs and the yellow rocker box stripe. I didn't write nor research this just reprinted as the guy put a lot of time in and thought it was worth repeating. The author is the moderator of another site I frequent.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
I got the 100 years of HD. The new Willie G book. He says that the name for the Fatboy came from in house. To quote Willie G from the book:

"To me, and to a lot of other insiders who'd seen it, the bike had a massive "fat" look. So the folks in marketing came up withthe name "Fay Boy" - and the street picked it up."

Class dismissed...:D

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if it was true I don't think Willy G would say anything, Where would he get all the parts and assesories ?? :eek: Interesting read anyway, if anybody wants to question anything I would be happy to point you in the authors direction !??! I didn't write it.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
I actually prefer the Fat man and Little Boy story. It's a lot more interesting. I just finished the book, thats how I remembered the plain story. Not a bad read, if you can get someone else to buy it for you.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts