V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the '05 and older ECMs have provisions to add the O2 inputs, like the '06 has?

Or, can a '06 ECM be put on an earlier model bike?

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
1. No
2. With enough money anything is possible but many of the components changed also so don't know if it's worth it.

Closed loop has the advantage of automatic A/F adjusting but that's it. You can get a SERT and get the same tune and more.

·
OldFart
139 Posts
ecu's

pins 8 and 23 on the 04 and later ecu's have been sitting there waiting.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
iubarney said:
As I understand it only the the 06 FLH's do not accommodate 02 sensors only the Dyna's ...am I wrong on this?
Only the 06 Dyna's have the O2 sensors.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
michael101 said:
Does anyone know if the '05 and older ECMs have provisions to add the O2 inputs, like the '06 has?

Or, can a '06 ECM be put on an earlier model bike?
A less costly way would be to wait until April 06 and then purchase for $849.00 the www.daytona-twintec.com system that includes two O2 sensors and a NEW ECM that lets you change everything and anything that you want.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the SERT. Looks very similar to LS-1 Edit software that I've used on my cars before. Only thing missing with the SERT is the O2 read outs during the data aquisition, and that would be a damn handy tool.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
csoday said:
Closed loop has the advantage of automatic A/F adjusting but that's it. You can get a SERT and get the same tune and more.
Automatic A/F adjustment is way different/better then just the SERT tune. The SERT tune will set the A/F for the bike at that moment and elivation the bike was dyno'd. So if you get the bike dyno'd at 5000 feet with an air temp of 55 degrees, then ride the bike down to the ocean where the air temp is 75 degrees, your bike is going to run different. Granted, it might not be a noticable difference, but it won't be at its peak performance.

The closed loops system will make the bike auto-adjust the A/F to optimal levels while you ride. Reads the air coming in and the air going out and adjusts accordingly. This ensures that the bike is running at peak performance no matter what the elivation or temperature. Bike runs more efficiently and you get better gas milage to boot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
To me, it's a no brainer....I'd rather spend my time riding than tuning. And after I install the Terry Terminal VII, guess I'll be doing both at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts