V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were buying new ramps today to load your touring bike onto your one ton longbed 2wd truck, which ones would you buy considering ...

cost?
stability?
folds up tiny?
lightweight?
doesn't rust?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I got one of these: Easy Rider Ramps in 110"
http://store.truckramps.net/newdesign.html (They fold-up neat and fit in a regular size bed)

and one of these Bike Pro's to secure the bike:
http://www.rampconnection.com/page10.shtml

They seem to work very well. Mounting the Bike Pro is fun, all you got to get are some Well-Nuts to mount it instead of having to get under the truckbed and mount from the otherside.

I bought all this stuff so I could get my wife to ride half-way across the country in the truck, then ride around on the bike. We never took the trip and the ramp and bike pro have never been actually used for transit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alaskan302 said:
Its very inexpensive for a three ramp system, its made from aluminum so its lightweight and rustproof, and it breaks into three seperate ramps for easy storage
I like this ramp for the price. ($ 279.99 + 34.98 to ship to FL) Couldn't tell by the NorthernTool web site so I called them up. It is a 7' arched, non-folding ramp that has three sections that can be locked together. Do you have experience with this ramp? Can you load up to a 2wd pick-up without draggin' bottom?

Some of the other web sites mentioned caution that you need a 10' arched ramp to make sure you do not drag while loading. Those big boys seem to run about 500.00 with shipping.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
UltraClassic said:
I like this ramp for the price. ($ 279.99 + 34.98 to ship to FL) Couldn't tell by the NorthernTool web site so I called them up. It is a 7' arched, non-folding ramp that has three sections that can be locked together. Do you have experience with this ramp? Can you load up to a 2wd pick-up without draggin' bottom?

Some of the other web sites mentioned caution that you need a 10' arched ramp to make sure you do not drag while loading. Those big boys seem to run about 500.00 with shipping.

I have a similar ramp, not that exact one, which I bought from Northern Tool.(I opted for the cheaper model that is only the single ramp, I really wish I got the interlocking three) It is 7' and I have a lifted 4wd Toyota. It will get a fatboy up without dragging. Ultra might be a little different. Hopefully someone else will speak up. In retrospect I would also get one that folds in half so it is easier to carry

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alaskan302 said:
It is 7' and I have a lifted 4wd Toyota. It will get a fatboy up without dragging. Ultra might be a little different. Hopefully someone else will speak up.
Got rid of the '02 Ultra ... now am an '06 RK Custom. Looks like I'm an inch shorter on wheelbase than the FB (good) but about a 1/2 in. less on ground clearance (not so good). I wonder how long of an arched ramp I really need ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts