V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not as up on all the modifications as everyone here so forgive me.
I am wanting to install some diff pipes on my 03 gold key 100th ann. add. vrod. I'm looking for more of a rumble not quite the samson rumble perhaps but some where in the nieghborhood. My confusion is i have had different dealers tell me diff things one said not to install anything but whats in the harley catalog cause it will void warranty and other pipes would burn holes in the cylinders and mess up the valves etc... etc... yadda yadda and then i turn around and talk to another dealer and he tells me to install whatever i want to that as long as everything is programmed right i will be fine. I have heard that the v rod motor is sensitive and that i shouldn't play around with it to much yadda yadda. I am just looking for some insight of my fellow board members. By the way if it helps i do like the looks of the screamin eagle double barrels i just dont know how they sound?

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
spend a little time browsing through here.. in the vrod sections....look at the last 12 months or so, if you still have questions reply here again for more info

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome aboard NastyNate
You've tapped into the Vrod information superhighway.
There is a wealth of knowledge in here at your fingertips.
There is plenty of performance info in the V-Rod technical discussions too.

Super Kaz squeezed 118+ RWHP out of his custom Vrod w/Supertrapps and I managed 117+ RWHP with a stage 1 kit and modified stock pipes (see V-Mods).
Dig in and take advantage of the fruits of our labors.

Check out: V-Rod stock exhaust mod/upgrade
http://209.151.86.249/forums/showthread.phps=&threadid=487

OR

V-Mod first impressions
http://209.151.86.249/forums//showthread.php?s=&threadid=6678

speed safely

·
Registered
113 Posts
NastyNate said:
I'm looking for more of a rumble not quite the samson rumble perhaps but some where in the nieghborhood. Ii do like the looks of the screamin eagle double barrels i just dont know how they sound?
Looking for more of a rumble....the double barrels would be a good choice. They're much louder & throatier than stock and also louder than the SE slip fit muffs. Mine dyno at 110 rwhp.

NastyNate said:
My confusion is i have had different dealers tell me diff things.
That's not a surprise. I've had different employees from the same dealership tell me different things. Guys in sales & parts said any HD pipes were covered by warranty. A few weeks later a guy in service told me the double barrels weren't covered by warranty because they had the checkered flags next to them in the parts catalog, which meant they were for racing only....yadda yadda :rolleyes:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dealers are funny, they will install Samsons which are thinner, straight pipes, but want to void my warranty on the V-Mods which maintain most of the original pipes and certainly more backpressure then a samson. I had the stock, screaming eagles, supertrapps and have heard the double barrels. If your dealer is being a prick and your concerned about that, the double barrels are the best bet for more sound, I personally dont like the looks. Ill swear by the V-Mods, people on these forums have run them for many months now with no problems. Loud, but not as loud as Samsons with a fairly quiet idle and keeps the original look. Tell your local dealer same thing I told mine, lack of knowledge on their part does not make them right.

As stated above, theres more of my thoughts and others in this thread
http://209.151.86.249/forums//showthread.php?s=&threadid=6678 including a small movie I made with the pipes so you can hear them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've just returned from my first run with my Screamin Eagle V-MODs. Spent 3 days and about 700 miles checking them out. They are perfect. Great sound, not too loud, deep, throaty and with a lot of authority. There is also some extra power that the bike really doesn't need. All in all I think I make the best choice with these pipes. Good looks, perfect sound and extra power. Need I say more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts