V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have to be honest. When I got home from work, the sun already set and it was so cold, the snot in my nose froze immediately when I got out of my truck. Still I went in the garage, got on my WG and made engine sounds while I fantasized of warmer days. OK, I feel better now. :chopper:

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
True confession: I am guilty of the same thing. I am getting ready to take the primary off to fix a leak and do a gear change and just had to hear it run.
Spring is still a longtime away. Suppose to be a big storm coming early next week.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Inner primary is ready to come off. Jsut pulled jack bolt and pinion gear. Came in to refill brandy, and back out. Been a great winter to work in the garage.

·
Registered
260 Posts
We're having a record setting January here in Minnesota. I've been out riding for the past two days in the near 40* temps.

The highways and most streets are now clear, but I've found these things stay up nicely on the hard-packed snow also. I get a lot of looks on lakes during fishing derbies and snowmobile races.

Any day is a good day to ride.

·
Harleys don't leak oil !
469 Posts
I was riding for two days last week,temps in the high 40s.It was great,last time before that was around turkey day.I'll tell ya,once that sun started to set it got real cold, real fast.but for about two hours it was nice.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
:badmood: :badmood: If my bike space was big enough, I'd have her in pieces trying to do one thing or another...

Extended 10 day forecast, rain every day, rain every night, hard steady rain.....
Been in oregon 7+ years and considering it's only january, this is easily the worst I've seen

·
Registered
725 Posts
WideOne said:
Well, I have to be honest. When I got home from work, the sun already set and it was so cold, the snot in my nose froze immediately when I got out of my truck. Still I went in the garage, got on my WG and made engine sounds while I fantasized of warmer days. OK, I feel better now. :chopper:
Excellent. Imagination is a wonderful gift.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I stopped by the shop yesterday to drop off some parts. I went back and sat on my bike and for a minute every thing was good. Damnn I miss riding!!! It was 50 degrees today but there is so much salt on the roads that it blows around the air in fine dust that get in and on everything so no ride. Oh well, I can just imagine how good that first ride in the Spring will be.

P.S. I also made motor noises.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Cool.. I dont feel so bad now. "I talk to my scoot daily!" lol
I do have some issues though. At least thats what the Ole Lady keeps telling me.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I was out last weekend and intend on riding today...it'll be warm too...but the cold didn't stop me last week either...

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I've got a sheepskin seat cover on T.Bagger to prevent salted frosty balls cuz I do this about 4 times a day. My unheated garage is attached to my trailer.
I've even got a fan out there too......

·
Retired
1,835 Posts
I've ridden only about 150 miles this month. Just for errands and taking care of business around town. But I gotta tell ya,each mile has felt great,and I really don't mind sitting at traffic lights in the winter. Did 12 miles yesterday,and about the same the day before.
Went to the dealer on the 9th. Walked into the service department to inquire about getting my stuck fuel gauge fixed. The service writer tells me anytime I can get my bike there.
"How about right now?" I ask.
"As soon as you can get it here" he tells me.
"It's here"
"Where?"
"Parked out front.I rode in"
"Uhh.. OK..I'll open the door and you can bring her in"
Here I was in my leathers with dirty salty soggy chaps on,red wind burned face,and it wasn't obvious that I rode.
Posers must be getting better at dressing or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your lucky

At least you guys can go out in the garage and fire up the real thing to feed your Spring fantasy. I've got another month yet before my Ultra comes in. The best I can do is fire up the V&H web site and listen hour after hour to their exhaust rumble downloads. My wife is generally pretty understanding of my eccentrics, but this habit has her really wonderin.....

·
Registered
944 Posts
adlerx said:
:badmood: :badmood: If my bike space was big enough, I'd have her in pieces trying to do one thing or another...

Extended 10 day forecast, rain every day, rain every night, hard steady rain.....
Been in oregon 7+ years and considering it's only january, this is easily the worst I've seen
This is a NORMAL rain year to you newcomers... The last 20 years have been called drought years..

·
Retired
1,835 Posts
I rode 3 miles to my CU today. Fukin' cages filled up the "Motorcycle Parking Only" spaces in the parking lot. Had to put my bike tight between two of the cages.:finger:
Real nice out,temps in the 40s. 38 miles to get home.:chopper:

·
Retired
1,835 Posts
NumLock said:
At least you guys can go out in the garage and fire up the real thing to feed your Spring fantasy. I've got another month yet before my Ultra comes in. The best I can do is fire up the V&H web site and listen hour after hour to their exhaust rumble downloads. My wife is generally pretty understanding of my eccentrics, but this habit has her really wonderin.....
Tomorrow will be the 2nd anniversary of the day I put the order in for my bike.
I was counting the hours until my bike came in on April 5th. Rode my baby home two days later.
Hope the weather is great when you ride your bike home next month.

·
03 FLHTCUI
375 Posts
I am writing this as I come back from the Doctor where I was treated for excessive arm waving. I was out about 5 hours on the scoot today, it was in the mid to hi -50's and really great sunshine. I passed so many bikes I thought there must have been free beer and free gas someplace! It was awesome. Suppose to rain and snow for the next couple of days so I guess everybody was working on storing up the great feelings of riding!

Ride Safe.
Walt

·
Retired
1,835 Posts
I only got to wave twice today. 2 or 3 bikes at a gas station and one bike coming from the other way. They were the only bikes I've seen on the road all month.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
WideOne said:
Well I hate to be the one to snow on your fantasy --- but unless you keep the ol' girl in a heated garage sitting on a cold as in frozen seat is about the worst thing you can do. Frozen leather doesn't bend, it cracks. :(

1 - 20 of 55 Posts