V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing around and an artist friend came up with this. Not bad at all. I'll take one.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I'd like to think they'd update a few other things along with the engine....not so much like the V-rod but maybe move the styling into the 1980's? Clean up the lines and sharp corners on the bags and tour pak, clean up the front fender, make the fairing more functional......

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Kampnnut said:
I was playing around and an artist friend came up with this. Not bad at all. I'll take one.
ok, fine start but, now remember you need to have the airbox somewhere, and the coolant tank, no sparkplug wires and don't forget to move the battery too. Where are you going to put the gas tank?

Getting a little trickier yet?

Oh yeah, don't forget the radiator.

Still like the idea?

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
While interesting concept(and pretty good graphics), lots of things h-d has to work out. Main thing I see so far is the V-Rod engine is 60 degree v-twin and others are 45 degrees, right? This would require making the frame a little longer. And add into the position of gas tank, breather box, radiator, etc. mentioned above and they have LOTS of work to do. But they're probably already got a prototype on the drawing board.

Maybe redesign the existing TC88 to be a water fooled???? :confused:

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
If they can squish it all into a V-rod, I think they can package it into a touring chassis without a big problem. the head is too tall for a conventional gas tank but they might be able to shape one around it.....no reason the tank can't be higher other than tradition.....and that clearly dosn't matter any more.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
logical said:
.....no reason the tank can't be higher other than tradition.....and that clearly dosn't matter any more.
OOOHHHH.....GOOD ONE, Logical....... :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Interesting thread, and great graphic. I've never been big on Touring bikes, but if this is the future it aint half bad. Sure do like the 105 HP part! Later, Jefro.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The powerplants for the dressers will be stroked. Max torque about 3k to 4k rpm. Look at the VRSCA. Where are the cylinders ?

JMS

·
Registered
312 Posts
Better make that radiator wider. That fat fender and tire are going to block alot more air then the one on the Vrod.

Not sure I like the idea, but damn good PSP work.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Re: Re: Concept FLHTV...What do you think

DJW said:

ok, fine start but, now remember you need to have the airbox somewhere, and the coolant tank, no sparkplug wires and don't forget to move the battery too. Where are you going to put the gas tank?

Getting a little trickier yet?

Oh yeah, don't forget the radiator.

Still like the idea?
Thats all in the saddlebags and tour pak. HEHE or could make the fairings a gas tank.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

I Think you guys are currently doin the 'MOCO's design team a LOT of work for them! Without realising it of course. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Better watchout what you dream-up...you might get it...
The first one will likely be all aluminum color though, so
they can add color in later years...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Engine will be stroked to provide more low rpm torque. Oil pan will have to be removed to drop the engine, so it will have to be a dry sump engine. Oil will be stored in the frame and swingarm as there is a lot of unused space there.

JMS

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you have a motor with great torque and horsepower, revs easily and smoothly, you will likely NOT need to spend any money on it like we do now on our air cooled motors. Downside is the aftermarket for cams, pistons, etc. will probably go away like it did in the Jet Ski business( new skis are 4-stroke with 155 HP Sea Doo, and 165HP Honda with turbo and intercooler).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts