V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all !!! i am new to the board & not very well versed on computers , but am trying to learn! as this seems to be a bio posting area here goes--- got my first bike in 1964 --a 49 --at age 15 back in central mississippi. i learned a lot with that old pan trying to keep it running!! had to get rid of it in '71 when i got drafted along with a 64 xlch that i had acquired while in college. got married & started a family so didn't have a scooter for several years until '78 i bought an electroglide shovel that was harder to keep going than the pan !!! thank fully evos came along & it's been mostly smiles since-- '88 flhs with 129000 when i sold it, 92 flhs with 65000 & my keeper, a 90 springer with only 26k but which i've decided will be my only bike for a while (except for my trials bike & a r100s beemer that i like a lot). anyway, sorry for rambling!!
i live in the tampa area now & look forward to participating on the board!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Whats up man. Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
At last, someone else that isn't a computer genius. I can barely spell computer let alone operate the thing. Glad you're here. From your bio, sounds like you and your first bike were born in the same year. Cool.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we were born at same time !! i have regretted many, many times the fact that i had to sell it. my wife rode until she was 6 months pregnant--our only transportation other than the xlch, & then when i got drafted, i had to leave her with something dependable to get around in, so it had to go!! you know, to this day my wife won't even ride anything but a harley!!! guess that old pan broke her in right!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.