V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install Adobe Reader. The program downloads fine but when I try to install it I get Error 1327.Invalid Drive:F:\

I deleted all the Adobe reader files I have.

I went to regedit and went to the find text box looking for F:\ and there were some and I modified them to C:\ but it seemed to repeat itself. All files were F:\....adobe..... they were abobe files with an "F" drive extension. It seemed like I changed about 20 of them before I stopped.

Do I need to keep modifying them until the "find" under regedit stops finding "F" extensions.

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it. Seems that there are a lot of "F" drive extensions. I had removed the old hard drive from my other computer and moved the files to my new computer. My new one must have put extensions looking for the old hard drive. The old hard drive didn't last long and stopped working.

Never mind.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
vindex1963 said:
I got it. Seems that there are a lot of "F" drive extensions. I had removed the old hard drive from my other computer and moved the files to my new computer. My new one must have put extensions looking for the old hard drive. The old hard drive didn't last long and stopped working.

Never mind.
You got me nervous, "Lifeguard/geek" I'm drowing????

What Whaat Whaaatt:harhar:

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
A few years ago I had my son install Windows XP on my computer. He screwed up somewhere along the line and I ended up without a C drive (my hard drive was named D instead). I never had any problems until I downloaded Norton Anti-Virus and tried to install it. It kept looking for the C drive, and I finally had to go to Symantec's Web site to get a workaround.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
You can rename or reassign the disk Drive letters.

Look in the help INDEX for Drive Letter change or rename.

·
Goooood morning, Vietnam!
391 Posts
MadCity said:
A few years ago I had my son install Windows XP on my computer. He screwed up somewhere along the line and I ended up without a C drive (my hard drive was named D instead). I never had any problems until I downloaded Norton Anti-Virus and tried to install it. It kept looking for the C drive, and I finally had to go to Symantec's Web site to get a workaround.
He may not have screwed up. I installed XP Pro on a new hard drive in a PC about a year ago that had two CD drives (a CD-ROM and a CD-RW drive). XP made the hard drive E: and the CD drives C: and D:. I'm not aware of anyplace along the installation procedure that tells you what it is naming the boot drive.

Yes, you can rename drives in XP but not the boot drive (well, maybe you can with special software), so that PC's hard drive is still E:. Since it was a fresh install on a new hard drive, it really hasn't caused any problems - it just looks funny in My Computer.

After that experience, I always make sure there is only one optical drive attached to the system when doing an XP installation.

·
Goooood morning, Vietnam!
391 Posts
vindex1963 said:
That's what I did. There were a lot of them.
Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management. Choose the drive you want to change the letter of and right click. One of the options should be Change Drive Letter and Paths. Use that wizard to change it to what you want it to be. Be sure to notice any warnings along the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts