V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bike third hand. I was told it had a 95" kit on it but there was no markings to prove it. I did a compression test today and I got 150 psi in both cylinders. Is this a 95"??

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
amidaeus said:
I bought a bike third hand. I was told it had a 95" kit on it but there was no markings to prove it. I did a compression test today and I got 150 psi in both cylinders. Is this a 95"??
Not sure, but there are too many variables to know just from compresiion test, cam timing, overlap etc. Others here will be able to tell you more.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks vafatboy, I don't know what it's got for cams. Not ready to tear it down yet. It does pull the arms out of the sockets if I want. Maybe Hdwrench will chime in...

·
Registered
278 Posts
my '04 95" with 203 cams was at about 165. If both jugs are about the same your OK. ESpecially if she runs good! BTW - i just installed TW37G cams, cometic .030 gasket and SBC heads and am now at 180 psi. another couple hundred miles of breakin and lookout :chopper:

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
FYI,

95" Flat tops, 37b cams, .030 cometic and no head work I was at 175 psi @ 500 miles.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
99 Wide Glide TC 88 mostly stock except for Andrews 26G and stage 1. 148 psi in one 150 psi in the other. I tested it under conditions recommended by the FM. (Engine temp around 230 if I recall correctly) 12,500 miles on the bike.

Thanks,
Haywood

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
ya can't tell displacement by measuring compression

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
bigoscycles said:
Mainly all the copression tester tells you is you got good rings.
I agree
I've done it on two strokes a few times. Your sticking a pressure gauge in cylinder and pulling over 3 times. I think this will only tell you if rings good. How much pressure there is between piston and head.
Might tell you if bad valve too. m Not sure. Never cared about that on sleds.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
amidaeus, if you remove the plugs and take a small flash light you can look down the spark plug hole and see the top of the pistons. If it has SE flatops they are marked with 1550 on top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts