V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed upgrading to 95" jug, ported heads, (BigBoyz) and cam upgrade to SE204s.

Cranked up the motor and had a loud tick, no problem just the lifter needing to pump up.

How ever, I am getting alot of smoke, does not smell like oil, so is this just the engine getting hot and burning off the oild and stuff from handingling the parts?

I still have a little tapping too, but I do not even have one mile on the rebuild.

Thanks for any insite and answers.

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Dunno about the tapping but the smoke is normal, it should go away after the motor gets good & hot.
Now, take a minute to introduce yourself to the forum, hang out , and post often!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved.

I will have to fire the builder, he he.

Oh yeah that would be me.

The adjustable pushrod for the intake on the rear cylinder was quite loose, rattling around actually. Tightend it and for sanity redid the exhaust pushrod and the motor is now quite.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Glad you found the problem.
I know the feeling, had that happen to a friend before.
Ride safe and keep us posted on how it runs.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
alperin1 said:
I just completed upgrading to 95" jug, ported heads, (BigBoyz) and cam upgrade to SE204s.

Cranked up the motor and had a loud tick, no problem just the lifter needing to pump up.

How ever, I am getting alot of smoke, does not smell like oil, so is this just the engine getting hot and burning off the oild and stuff from handingling the parts?

I still have a little tapping too, but I do not even have one mile on the rebuild.

Thanks for any insite and answers.
Probably that sh!tty SE cam....Damn now all the SE boys will be mad at me!!!:dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts