V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching a new compensator for my 1340 evo. Its a 97 FXDL. I saw something about a Fisher fluid damper compensator but they are no longer available. Then I found wpsracing.com has them, p/n 47503. Its 25 tooth. I cant find any info about these. No YT vids or reviews anywhere.
My question, has anyone used one of these? Thoughts.....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
They were so great. That's why they are on every bike out there now. What does wpsracing have to say about it?

What's wrong with the one that has given you 25 years of service?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were so great. That's why they are on every bike out there now. What does wpsracing have to say about it?

What's wrong with the one that has given you 25 years of service?
40k miles on it and it is banging and clanging in there. Kickback when starting and a big clunk when putting in gear. I figure its time for some maintenance. Im going to change the chain and put a Hayden tensioner in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well never mind. I called WPS Racing and the damper is no longer available. Bummer!

·
Registered
2004 FLSTCI, 1993 FXDL
1,458 Posts
I was sceptical about the Hayden Tensioner on my '93 FXDL but many years later it's still the nicest shifting bike ever. My wife's actually. I took it out yesterday and remembered why I get myself into trouble every time I ride it. It's fast. Glad she doesn't have balls. You'll like the Hayden.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
40k miles on it ....
40K is nothing. What is the shape of your battery? An old worn-out battery will play hell with a compensator.

If its's possible buy an extra spring for the Hayden. I broke one once and having to wait for a replacement to come in when you want to ride is a pain in the shorts.

I'm using one of these presently:

Southern Oregon Hot Bikes HB125 (sohotbikes.com)

Not trying to sell them. They cost a lot more now than when I bought mine. But so does everything else. I broke a spring in it too and had to order another. While waiting, I bought one of those new Harley Davidson automatic chain adjusters. After 2 days my chain was so tight, I removed the adjuster and went back to waiting. Talk about a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
u prob did all this already but re tourque it and chk the clutch nut also..you can test/run it with the pri cover off..to see whats going on...then u can start to pull/replace things....me is all stock... all but new chain/clutch/ten block...pri chain get best quality only... got a new 30 buk jobbie chain off ebay and was junk..get the best pri-chain only....stock tensioner has alway run perfect also...i run about 3/8+ chain slop and smooth and helps shifting...used to run looser then worked on a cop bike and it was 3/8!??...dept setting??...they no sompin i dont?...but works for me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts