V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to lower my cruising RPM. 6-speed transmission is nice but too much expensive and much shifting furthermore.
How many teeth does a stock Twin Cam 88B compensating sprocket have?
Is it OEM 40308-94 with 25 teeth?
Is there a 25 or 26 teeth compensating sprocket available or do I have to make it myself?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
pecold said:
I'd like to lower my cruising RPM. 6-speed transmission is nice but too much expensive and much shifting furthermore.
Is there a 25 or 26 teeth compensating sprocket available or do I have to make it myself?
Stock is 25 comp. sprocket 36 clutch basket

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
pecold said:
Baker makes all kinds of sprockets up to 28 tooth for their DD6 gear set. Very likely you'll need a chain as well to make up for the sprocket size, several options of chains available. Not a good idea to go to a taller gearing if you don't have the low end torque to push the bike forward. Your avatar signature says "mountainrider' What's up with that in the context of your question?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ViennaHog:
I like mountains (riding, hiking). Not too high here but let's say... Alps, Dolomites?

I usually cruise around 80km/h. I hate riding on the highway above 110km/h when RPM seem too high and I'm looking for the 6th gear.
I have 2004 FLSTCI, 1450 ccm, Stage I Kit (SE Air Cleaner) and V&H Big Shots Long pipes, Stage I Kit modified map in EFI. You're right I would probably need 1550 Stage II Kit not to exhaust engine with increased compensation sprocket teeth count.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts