V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried any of the many communicators out there. I'm looking for an Intercom device. Which one is the best? Chatterbox, Nady, etc.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've tried the Nady PRC-9 duplex communicator with less than acceptable results for bike to bike communication. The bike is so noisy that the radio picks this up and the background noise is unacceptable. There is no squelch control. I haven't tried it as an intercom though. I also tried a communicator with ear mikes. The radio has ear-plug speakers that also are used as speakers. This was pretty good except the VOX had a delay that made conversations difficult. I wear a half-helmet so I can't say how these would work in a full coverage environment. I've heard good thigs about the Chatterbox though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh, I know what your saying. I tried a Chatterbox some years back and didn't like it to much either. At that time there were cables for the battery connection and cables to your headset and it got to be to much. The new ones look better. I might try one of those. They have this HJC-50 that runs about $120 that is just an intercom which is all I need. It seems like it might be OK.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good luck to ya. I'm down about $500 and still haven't found anything acceptable. I haven't found a place that will let you try them out before buying, and after buying they won't take them back unless they're broken. Oh well, hand signals work ok for now.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
http://www.jmcorp.com/index.html

I've had no complaints with the J & M system. I have 2 systems for wife and i. We use the aero mike III with dyna port speakers in our helmets. The system uses the kenwood free talk FRS radios. We have the stereo radio in our kenwood too.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Tommy, for this you might try logging on "bmwrt.com", a site for BMW riders. The forum is similar to this, but much older and larger. They tend to be absolutely "anal" about most things, but if you want quality, they have dozens upon dozens of threads where they discuss this area, and they seem to favor "autocom". It will cost between $500 and a $1,000 for the parts, plus install.

I don't know how to post a link here, but if you like, send me your e mail and i would be happy to forward you a couple of threads. ([email protected]).

greg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked that Collett site and was very impressed with it. I ordered the 49 plus intercom from them. Should be here in about 5 days from Canada. Hope it works as everyone claims it does. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts