V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is sun out there today, here in Nebraska, and thoughts of a couple upcoming tours are in progress. My wife and I usually ride seperate bikes, but our purchase of this new FLHT may have us together a little more. We have found a real need to communicate better (besides Mars & Venus) and have found there is not much out there and our cobbled up Cobra walkie-talkie with earbuds was a waste of time and money. So far Chatterbox seems to have the better product, but we would like some real world experiences before buying. We will also be going away from our open face to full face helmets, which might help the electronic communications while curtailing the normal yelling type.
Then if only I could solve the head buffeting problem she gets from her windshield, then peace and harmony....................................

·
FLHTCUSE
526 Posts
We use arai zm Helmets 3/4 with J&M Two- Cords (Upper and Lower) That way works best for us. when you leave the bike you don't end up with a mile of cord falling out of your helmet. I ordered ours(After trying one on at a dealer for proper size and fit) from this site http://www.sierra-mc.com/

they will install the headsets before shipping if you wish or get your Helmets from HD and install the speakers and mikes yourself (Its not hard to do, I've done it). I have not used chatterbox anything so I can't speak for them I have used J&M and not had any problem with any of there products.

The sound system on our Ultra is really nice and the Headsets make it that much better.
enjoy!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the basic Chatterbox intercom. I think it works really great. I am using it with full face helmets so that takes alot of noise out of it. It was real easy to hook up and use. It has a rechargeable battery and is full duplex. Both people can talk at the same time and not have to wait on each other. You can also purchase another set of headsets for your openface helmet and still use the same intercom unit. Use two mounts and slide it from helmet to helmet. The only catch is you have to be hard wired to the passenger. It comes with about three foot of cord which is plenty for me and my passenger. Also you can attach a personal radio and have music.

I thought the price was ok. About 150 for two helmets. If you ever want to upgrade to the bike to bike version the headsets will interchange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts