V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a LOT of great people on the H/D Forum. No question.

As we grow though, we are experiencing more and more new members. And with each new member, the risk of offending an existing member increases. I have some common sense suggestions for new members:

1. Do NOT post links on your first few posts or right after joining. Why? It will smell too much like spam. You will get slammed.

2. Don't act like you know it all. YOU don't. No one does.

3. Do ask questions and join in. Share your opinions and ideas, while you respect the opinions and ideas of others.

4. Keep your threads in the correct Forum.

What other common sense ideas do other members have for our new member?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
5: Never use Lighter Fluid to start a Propane Grill

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I'd say they all apply to existing, long time members too.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
PJim...thank you for clarifying what should be common courtesy/sense. It is becoming more and more obvious that there are a few who lack in both areas.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey BJG,

Good advice, we had a chiphead engineer here last year, that was out of propane, so he decided to build a charcoal fire.... .in his frickin gas grill!... Hmmmm whataya know, a coal fell out the bottom, caught the deck on fire and did $100K of damage to the house before the Fire Department put out the fire....

I am one of the new members... so I won't recommmend it..... but one of you certainly can... "Don't build a charcoal fire in your gas grill".

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I work with a dingy broad who poured charcoal starter on lava rocks and wondered why they would only burn a few minutes. Used half a can before someone explained it to her.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
"never eat a place named Mom's or play cards with a guy named Pop."
- Judge Harry Anderson

·
Registered
626 Posts
i found it pretty helpful on another forum that i belong to, that if people use the "search"function instead of posting, "how many gallons is my gastank on my sportster?" or something like that. Many things have been discussed over and over and instead of wasting bandwith, just search your subject first to see if it has been covered. if not covered or not to ur liking, then post it again asking what u need.

·
Registered
875 Posts
dave51 said:
I work with a dingy broad who poured charcoal starter on lava rocks and wondered why they would only burn a few minutes. Used half a can before someone explained it to her.
Blonde ????

·
Registered
906 Posts
Your first post should never bash a certian type/brand of bike.

First post really shouldn't be a flame.

There is a wealth of knowledge prowling the forums...don't be afraid to check out some of the early posts, your question has probably been covered but don't be afraid to ask again.

oh, and the best way to dry your bike is with a leaf blower! :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I prefer the chamois cloth to dry my bike. It just gives me another excuse to caress my baby... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Yep she was a blonde. How did you know? LOL

Somebody please throw a bucket of cold water on doc.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
First post shouldn't flame JimmyK or Manny. Second post neither.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
yellowFatboy200 said:
Never go to bed with a itchy ass, you'll wake up wit a stinky finger!

Exception to the above:

If the itchy ass is named Karla then it's ok. :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Never visit a country where the President wears a uniform.

Don't F**K with the people who prepare your food.

Rod

1 - 20 of 25 Posts