V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new seat for my FXD. Can anyone recommend a comfortable seat for 400 and 500 mile days? After about 2 hours in the saddle with the factory seat it feels like it is tatooed to my butt. I looked at the Sundowner seat in the H.D. catalog anyone had any experience with it. Thanks for the help !

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard good and bad about Corbin.Regardless their prices are a little steep for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Bub
I know the Corbin is expensive, but when the wife & I started looking for a seat for our '01 FXDXT (she spent one weekend on the OE seat & said it had to go!) we looked at several options but everyone kept saying Corbin was the best.
We decided to bite the bullet & got the Corbin dual touring. I was afraid of spending $300-400 on a seat and not be happy with it.
We haven't regretted the investment at all, 300-400 mile days two up & the seat is simply not an issue.
I know it's a big chunck at around $600, but if you want the best over a long run, I'd recommend it.
If I could figure out how to attach a picture of the bike I would, the Corbin adds to the looks as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I guess I'm too cheap to buy a Corbin. I'll strap a pillow to the factory seat before I give $500 for a Corbin.
Anybody tried a Mustang seat?

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes,I had 2 Mustangs in my life. One on my softail custome,HATED IT,It hurt my back. And one on my FLHT 2 months ago. Put 60 miles on it,and sent it back. I know some people swear by them,but I just can't sit one for long. An they were not that much cheaper than the Corbin. I gave 299. for a Corbin Classic Solo. I'm not trying to talk ya into one,but I think they're the best out there,and seem to last the longest. Just my 2 cents bub.......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ralph for the pic. I guess your right, Corbins aren't that much more than other brand seats.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Re: Comfy seat...

Bub,

Check out eBay under 'dyna seat' . Item #1803799141 and item #1803799141 currently priced at $32 and $20 respectively. My other half picked up the second one I listed here for me for Christmas and I put it on today. Nice seat, quite comfortable for what little time I spent on it. They are both similar and reasonable so far. She got mine for $44 brand new from the same individual. Bid at the last minute and snipe it.
Good luck,
Mike

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Re: Comfy seat...

supersport said:
Bub,

Check out eBay under 'dyna seat' . Item #1803799141 and item #1803799141 currently priced at $32 and $20 respectively. My other half picked up the second one I listed here for me for Christmas and I put it on today. Nice seat, quite comfortable for what little time I spent on it. They are both similar and reasonable so far. She got mine for $44 brand new from the same individual. Bid at the last minute and snipe it.
Good luck,
Mike
Hey SS, that's the same seat that I have. It was a big improvement in comfort for me. It really is not the "GREAT" seat that Mustang or Corbin is but a lot better than what I had. And guess where I got it?........right, Ebay. Can't beat the price for a $200 dollar seat for 50 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Yo Fifth gear,

Yeah, couldn't pass up a deal like that. Also picked up a slammer style waffle pattern seat for $50. I've got to find my stainless 1/4" bolts so I can mount the tab to the seat. All my hardware is squirrelled away somewhere since the move. It will undoubtedly turn up when I'm not looking for it. Until the garage goes up everything will continue to be in a state of disarray. The slammer will be nice for short hops and blasting around. Really low & frame hugging.

later, Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts