V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking for a comfortable seat for my wife. The seat that comes with the 03 RK classic seems to be to hard on her behind. We went on a couple of extended rides and every time she has mentioned to me that the seat needs to be replaced. If anyone out there has had good expierence with a particular seat, could you please post and (if available, the website) if you got it on line. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went with the Mustang one piece wide touring seat . I felt an immediate improvement over the stock seat. The better half was really impressed as she was able to go from a half hour on the old seat to doing full day ride without complaining about the seat that is.....Its the second mustang I ve owned and I am impressed. I have heard that Corbins are extremely hard.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought an HD Sundowner Tour seat for my SE Roadking. It is quite comfortable at a reasonable price (compared to the higher dollars Corbins etc.)

Shooter

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got the 2 piece Mustang seat for my RK. Wife and I both agreed the Mustang was firmer than the stock. So.......I liked the firmer solo, she preferred the siofter stock.

Since I sold the other seat already - we compromised.

She gets her own Harley. LOL

·
Registered
187 Posts
I also went with the HD Sundowner touring bucket seat for the RKC on my ' 02, it is very comfortable for both rider and passenger and it keeps with the RKC styling. Here's a pic of it, I also have the detachable backrest.

·
Registered
688 Posts
U.S. Ranger, The Mustang seat was firmer than stock? No cush for the tush? In your PM you said the ride was superb. Now I'm confused. How can the ride be better with less cush? Maybe it's in the support? Been to the Mustang site, love the look of the vintage solo with backrest. I will order a catalog from them.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Mustang, LePera, and Corbin (pricey) are all good seats. I personally use a RoadSofa from Saddlemen. Made to your body specs with a gel pad optional. For most people, a little firmer is better. A seat that is soft will get uncomfortable after a while. Look at the construction of the seats too. One thing that upsets me about HD seats is the use of staples to hold covering onto the seat pan. Junk approach, IMHO. I prefer either Saddlemen or Mustang. Biggest bang for the $$$$$. You gotta remember though, that seats are a personal thing. What works for one will not work for another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts