V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a demo ride of a 02 FLHTC my wife complained of the saddlebag guard rubbing the back of her calf. We have talked to other women who ride on the back and they have the same complaint. Aparently a lot of others have complained too since Harley Davidson has come out with new "Comfort Saddlebag Guards. I have a 03 FLHTCUI I will pick up later this week and am thinking of getting them. Has anyone tried them and do they help? If not what other solutions have you come up with to help solve this problem?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Becareful, I don't think they fit the Ultra with all the bag guards. My wife has the same problem and I was going to try the adjustable foot rest and raise the rear footboard about 2.5 inches.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My wife thought the existing bars were uncomfortable also. Rather than change the bag guards, I got the Kuryakyn adjustable footpegs (the one with two pegs that gives two different foot positions). No more problem.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. They should fit the Ultra as they replace the existing saddle bag guards. I will try the Kuryaykn boards though as they sound like they might be something my wife would like anyway,

·
Registered
20 Posts
I kow I'm late on this subject, my girlfriend has the same problem on my 2002 RKC. The saddlebag guards rubbed the back of her calfs, I recently installed the low profile saddlebag guards from HD. They work really well and look good. I found them under the touring line in the 2003 catalog. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
My wife also complained about her legs hitting the saddlebag guards when we first got the '02 Road King. I got a pair of the comfort saddlebag guards for a lot less than dealer retail off of E-Bay. She thinks that is the best improvement I've made on the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts