V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a Corbin Classic Solo and would like any feedback on the comfort of this seat. Also interested in the comfort level of the passenger pillion that goes with this seat. The 50's pillion and the full touring pillion. Thanks for any replys.........

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I just had a Corbin classic solo with v rail installed on my roadking at the Corbin store in Daytona last week during biketoberfest. It is a big improvement over the stock seat. so far I like it. and it looks good, got that nostalgic look to it that I like. Don't know about the passenger pillion.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I had the solo with the touring pillion on a Roadking and loved it. I have the dual tour seat on my electraglide and love it equally as well as far as comfort. I prefer the look of the solo without the pillion. Have yet to find any other seat that I can spend 1000 miles in without coming up lame. They are pricey but IMO worth their weight in gold. I am currently looking for a hollywood solo for the electraglide now that my passenger has her own ride(she also has a Corbin).

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
i have a corbin solo on my fltr and really like it. i have a mustang wide touring on my fxdwg and it is really comfortable too, but i believe i like the corbin better (but remember it is on different bike as well). i like the corbin look. it is very comfortable, especially the longer and further i ride. my wife though likes the mustang seat on her fxdl much better than a corbin she tried for a while. so each has their own likes and dislikes.

the only negative i have with my corbin solo on my fltr is that it moves you slightly back and down, so i really need to change my handlebars now, plus the detachable solo tour rack does not fit anymore - it does not clear the rear of the solo seat like it did with a stock solo seat. i'll keep the seat first and sell the detachable tour rack, just wish i could have used it if i wanted to.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just put the classic solo onmy flstn feels stiff but it may just need a little break in time. I have not taken it on a long ride yet

·
Drifter of threads
805 Posts
I have the close solo and touring pillion on my FLHRCI and love it. If you opt for the fancy stitching, you get a thin layer of soft foam over top of the standard hard foam which make the seat a bit more comfortable. The little lady riding at my six seems to think so anyway and that's what matters.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Corbin Classic Solo w/ backrest & Detachable Solo Rack

dr dave said:
the only negative i have with my corbin solo on my fltr is that the detachable solo tour rack does not fit anymore - it does not clear the rear of the solo seat like it did with a stock solo seat.
Hi every one.
I'm planning on buying a Corbin Classic Solo with rider backrest for my FLHR. But after reading about Dr Dave's problem I need to check if there's a clearance problem with my solo luggage rack. For illustration I've attached a pic with my Corbin Hollywood Solo and the luggage rack mounted. You can see the leather flap covering the backrest mounting hole is very close to the front edge of the rack. Will the backrest interfere with the rack? I know HD has a new detachable solo rack out that doesn't extend that much forward, but I like the look of mine better. Your comments are most welcome.

Warwick

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
gets better with every ride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts