V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good online retailer for Cometic? I'm needing Cometics double lip shifter shaft seal and primary gasket kit. I've got the Cometic part numbers for the items already.

Thanks.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Check out this link for decent prices on the gaskets.

Dennis Kirk

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. After looking through Dennis Kirk and JP (even though JP is pricey I know) I still couldn't find what I needed. I assumed Cometic didn't sell retail. I was wrong. Called them with their part #'s and got the gaskets on order. I was suprised to learn that they don't stock much. They produce on demand. Hmmm. Oh well, she said a production time of about seven days on the order. Shipping was maybe two days between Tennessee and Ohio.

They sounded very professional over the phone. Glad I don't need the gasket set ASAP. Otherwise I'd have to buy the OEM ones. This is my second shifter shaft seal leak. It was replaced under warranty about 12k ago and it's leaking again. I've heard the HD shifter shaft seal sucks. So that's why I'm going with Cometic and doing the job myself.

·
®
5 Posts
i go thru cometic myself. tech support and everybody else are good to deal with. yes sometimes there is a waiting period but not bad and they have a good online catalog.

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
Oh thank God.....I thought you said Cosmetic Caskets!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts