V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest HD accessories book has a combination speedometer/tachometer to replace the stock in-dash speedo.
Does anyone know what is involved in getting the mileage re-calibrated? Does it have to be installed by a dealer? I guess that is why it is not available to purchase on-line.

·
Just bad
698 Posts
If it's anything like automotive replacements, the new odo is at zero miles and comes with a notification decal. The installer is supposed to write the current miles and replacement date on the decal, which for cars goes in the door jamb near the vin plate that has the assembly date on it. I guess you'd find a hidden spot on the frame for a bike.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'm getting one installed on my new '03. I'll ask my wrench when I pick up my bike this THursday!

·
Registered
28 Posts
dash tach/speedo

hi guys,

I am getting one soon for my wide glide, so i'v done the resurch for all of us allready .

at the time you order it, you must antisapate what your milage will be at the time the part comes in, and the motor company calabrates it to that figure then ships it to the dealer .

I am ordering mine with 5000 mi., as I curently have just under 4000 mi., so I will simply install it myself when I do my 5000 mi. service .

it is a very simple part to self install, plugnplay basicly .

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I just gotta wonder if it is compatible with the HD security system and has the little icons somewhere on it.
twincamzz

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
if your bike doesnt already have a tach, like most softails, how is it just plug and play? do you have to hook into the primary of the the coils somehow?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a pink wire under the dash on my 02 Night Train. You just hook the tach up right there.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Anybody know how to set mine OEM to 5K?
I did mean re.......... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts