V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired my Dad's Colt Woodsman. I learned to shoot with this gun about 45 years ago. It needs some work. The blueing needs redone, the reciever(?) seems sloppy Is there someplace that "rebuilds" these great guns?-Al

·
Registered
622 Posts
You may want to discuss the bluing and other work with a collector, hopefully one who specializes in Colts. Sometimes rebluing and work can lessen the value of the gun. I sure you have alot of memories to go along with it. Find a good gunsmith in your area. I believe Colt refurbishes guns as well.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
bigal51 said:
I recently aquired my Dad's Colt Woodsman. I learned to shoot with this gun about 45 years ago. It needs some work. The blueing needs redone, the reciever(?) seems sloppy Is there someplace that "rebuilds" these great guns?-Al

Contact Colt and send it back to them for the work you want.

I bought a Colt python with a 4 in barrel. Sent it back to Colt for a 6 in barrel and a trigger job. They did a great job.

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
bigal51 said:
Reblue will lessen the value. Sounds like a family keepsake and a nice one too.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Nice gun. Congrats that you have your hands on it again. Most of the family guns get sold off for cash by the punk in the family.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
I would not reblue the gun. Takes its charater away. If there are any action issue, I would either have Colt or a good gunsmith take care of it if you intend to shoot it. If not, get a good display box and leave the gun as is.
Congrats on a family keepsake.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info-I'll check into sending it back to Colt for the Mech problem and leave the bluing alone, Thanx again Guys!-Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts