V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used (or know anyone who has) V-rod Colors? If you're not familiar, they are the co. that will re-anodize your sheet metal in colors. From the pictures I think it looks better than paint, but I've never seen it in person. Saw a V-Rod at the dealership this weekend in white ghost flame, can't say it did a whole lot for me. I especially don't like the fact that these $2300 paint sets don't include the radiator shrouds, looks like an unfinished paint job. I believe V-Rod colors includes the shrouds. Check 'em out www.vrodcolors.com

·
Registered
113 Posts
veerodder said:
I think it's http://www.v-rodcolors.com/
I've looked at them, but if you want to keep all your original parts the cost is still $1899 (under pricing & specials). But if you don't care about keeping your original parts, then it's definitely much cheaper at $999. That would be a cost effective way to add some nice color.

For my money though I'm going with the new radical paint set. I wanted to keep my original parts, and I like flames & candy blue/green color. There's a stunning picture of it in HD's 2002 Holiday Guide. From that picture, the lack of painted radiator shrouds doesn't seem to hurt the looks, as much as I thought it would. Plus I like that it's a limited, numbered set and a silver 100th Anniversary logo next to the handpainted number. I'm really excited about getting it this month.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I scanned the picture of the radical paint set I mentioned above. Unfortunately, the picture is split between two pages in the Holiday Guide, so that's why there's a crease down the middle. I just laid it flat on the scanner bed, and that's how it turned out. (The actual picture is better than the scan.) Anyway, I didn't think the unpainted radiator shrouds looked so bad in this picture -- they sort of flow with all the similar colored pieces along the bottom half of the bike next to them

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why is it, I wonder, that HD decided to paint the battery/coolant resivoir covers in this set and not in all of the others? That little bit of paint sure makes the lack of paint on the shrouds less obvious.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Since the V-Rod is a totally new bike and different from the others, I wondered if maybe they're experimenting and still learning what looks best on it. After the first two paint sets (ghost red & ghost white flames) came out in July, maybe they had enough feedback that suggested they should paint other parts and that resulted in those covers being painted in the new radical paint sets (candy blue & candy red flames). Paint sets for other Harleys are usually just the tank & fenders (and hard bags for Road Kings, etc), so maybe that's why only those equivalent parts were painted for the V-Rod initially. Then they decided that the V-Rod had different parts, not on other Harleys, that also needed paint. I wouldn't be surprised to see them include the radiator shrouds on a future paint set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts