V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is everybody thrilled to death with the colors available for new bikes? NOT!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am thrilled I was able to get the color I wanted, White Pearl. It is a VERY hard color to get and like the gunmetal, looks AWESOME in the sun, with shades of green, blue, red, and light purple reflecting out of it. So count me as "thrilled to death" :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
The 03 colors are O.K. particularly the black and silver for the anniversary year. In my opinion the choices are very limited. I like bold bright colors. Something that screams.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Thealien said:
Limited choices, gaudy emblem. My opinion you asked.
Ditto here. Did'nt like the choices so I elected to buy an '02 on 9/10/2:Dennis

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Colors are like assholes, we all have one we like better than the other:D I do not think Harley had a very good choice of colors but hey, we will never ever be satisfied no matter what color Harley offers;)

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Two tone

I have always prefered the two tone colors. They do not have the choice in that this year.

I really disliked the new gunmetal in the brochure and the web site. Then I saw it in person, great color. It then took me two weeks to decide between gunmetal and sliver and black for my order. I finally went silver and black, that is party because two guys at work just got gunmetal, one on a RK classic and the other on a Duce. Sharp looking but did not need three in the parking lot the same color.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Love the Duramax

I just love it, best truck I have ever owned.:D I got it Feb 2001 and it has 55,124 trouble free miles on it. Pulls a 12,000 pound RV like nothing is back there. At 40,000 miles put a juice box on it which raised the HP by 90 and the torque by 250 lbft. I have just under 700 lb-ft of torque on the rear wheels according to a dyno. I get 18 mpg empty. It will run a 14.97 quater at 93.37 mph. Not bad for a crew cab dually that weighs 7034 empty.:D

Wish I could add 25% more hp to a harley for only $750, which is what it cost on the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts