V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the best mods I've done to my bike yet. If you can afford to do it, do it, you wont regret it.

Before:

During:

After:

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Nice. That really looks good. Congratulations!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, looks even better in direct bright sun light. You can really see the metalic in the black pearl in bright sun light.

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
Welcome to the club.. It really completes the look. Why they don't come from the factory this way is beyond me.

Congrats and good job.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks awesome, I would love to do mine but that does look like it would be a tuff one to pull off.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Looks awesome, I would love to do mine but that does look like it would be a tuff one to pull off.
Nothing really difficult. Just a lot of stuff has to come off so it takes a while.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks great...IMO this is one of the best "bang for your buck" non-performance mods that can be done to a bagger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you have yours painted or did you buy the pre painted one from the factory? They dont come painted from the factory because they know people will pay to have it done later!

·
Sniper
1,659 Posts
You can do it alot cheaper than the factory. I just finished mine a couple days ago. Bought a used one from EBay $85. Had it painted Vivid Black at a auto body shop, $150 Installed it myself in my garage plus added 12.5 inch Wild One Apes. $0 for labor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had to get mine from the factory; HD hasn't released the Tequila Orange yet and no paint shop was able to match it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a guy here in North Florida who will paint one any standard color, and come to your house and swap it out for $300.00, and he does all the work.

I couldn't believe it, he did it start to finish in just a little over an hour, just beautiful. His name is Paul Barber, and can be reached at (904) 626-1788

David

Attachments

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
There is a guy here in North Florida who will paint one any standard color, and come to your house and swap it out for $300.00, and he does all the work.

I couldn't believe it, he did it start to finish in just a little over an hour, just beautiful. His name is Paul Barber, and can be reached at (904) 626-1788

David
Holy crap, one hour????

It took me four hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts