V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so here it is, 47 degrees outside and I'm having shoulder surgery in the morning. Translation, after shoulder surgery I won't be able to ride my bike for 6-8 weeks! Today is the last day to ride yet it’s cold outside and about to rain!

So I go riding today with just jeans, my gauntlet gloves, full face helmet, leather jacket and Leather Chaps!

Holy Carp Batman, those things actually work! Once I got over my fear of "Village People" reunions and my "homophobic reaction" to purchasing leather chaps, I can only wonder what an idiot I have been not purchasing them before hand!

I used to wear long underwear under my jeans and double socks in my boots, but today with just the jeans and the chaps (to deflect that wind) I was perfectly comfortable at speeds in excess of 80+ on my Fatboy.

So, need to warm them legs up and you don't have a dresser style bike? Get some chaps :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
JFScheck.....Hope everything goes well with yer surgery., and you are back in the wind soon. Yes chaps do help in the cooler weather.

Cars are little, and smell funny.......Dzlfitr:D

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Good luck also, I am going for an MRI in the morning and probably surgery also, I hope all goes well. Glad that you got to ride the day before, I hope to do the same!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:) Good luck with the surgery!

G

·
I rode Saturday - 38 degrees F... Longjohns, flannel shirt full leathers w/lining top and bottom, some sort of fancy plastic socks, neck gizmo, boots, Olympia winter gloves and a full-face helmet.

Sunday was mid 40's, so did OK without the longjohns. Monday was supposed to be 50 but the #@%! weatherman lied... it was 35 after work and I froze my a$$ off with no longjohns and middlewight gauntlet gloves. Went home when I couldn't feel my fingers anymore... when I grow up I'm gonna have heated grips just like the big boys ;)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Chaps seem fine til you need that leather
for protection of another sort.
Then you'll leave your [email protected] behind you on the road
someday ya don't want to!!! :eek:

·
Registered
626 Posts
i got chaps in my saddle bag, but the same thing applies to me(village people, etc.) but now u said it im breaking em out. screw this cold weather schitt. its like 29 degrees at 6:30 in the morning when i jump on the bike. good luck with the surgery.

what kind a bike u got maybe i can come keep it company for you:)?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
soon2own1 said:
what kind a bike u got maybe i can come keep it company for you:)?
He's got a 'Harley Davidson' YMCA tc 8tilate. :D

nearly forgot, Good luck with the surgery!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hey guys.... us women really do love seeing guys in their Chaps ... I think ya all look soooo damn SEXY!! So get over the YMCA thing and do it for the girls!!! JfScheck... I to have had 3 shoulder surgeries.. for torn rotor cuffs.. Damn those trees!!! They saw me trail blazing on my Dual sport ... and wouldn't get out of my way! Good luck with surgery.. and if it's for Rotor cuff repair.. ask for the GOOD Drugs ... Not that baby stuff.. cause ..sorry it's gonna HURT LIKE HELL!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Good Luck John, TheAlien. Get well soon guys!

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Best wishes John.
Let the repair set up good before pushing the issue with the repaired wing :)
As for the Chaps,,,, I decided that the way I walk after freezing my arsk off was a LOT more fruity when I didnt wear them, and if another guy comments that I look YMCA in them, I suggest to him that he goes and finds his SPECIAL cop to play hide the nightstick with. I personally dont have such things cross MY mind when I see another guy, no matter what he's wearing short of a skirt and makeup, then I think ,,,fruitcake.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I still like full coverage gore-tex or similar material pants, they are waterproof and warm. Another thing is they keep your arse and jewels warm whereas the chaps do not. Sorry girls I know you like how chaps look but I'll go for functionality.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hey Rusty Knight ... thats what a Harley Honey is for.. She rides behind you ..arms around you and keeps your jewels warm!! Arse too!

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
harleygirl64 said:
Hey guys.... us women really do love seeing guys in their Chaps ... I think ya all look soooo damn SEXY!!
That decides it for me Diane, I'm wearing them to the office tommorow. Just them , a tie and big smile!

PS. Harley Hog, ???? what the hell did you attempt to say? I know I'm gonna' regret asking this but.... WTF ARE YOU SAYING??!!! :eek:

"Chaps seem fine til you need that leather
for protection of another sort.
Then you'll leave your [email protected] behind you on the road
someday ya don't want to!!!"
:confused:

·
Registered
679 Posts
John,

Speedy recovery. Looks like you'll easily be ready for spring.

Hey Diane, no need for chaps in S. Florida. Sorry babe.

:)

Peace,

Ross

1 - 20 of 37 Posts