V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, OK! What was meant to be an on going post like this one was posted in the Sturgis section. Not a bad idea, it just may cover up some needed Sturgis information that one would have to sort through all the good mornings to find. So, here is another thread. HEY GUYS.....stop in for a quick post. THIS IS A CONTINUOUS THREAD. HOW IS YOUR MORNING GUYS? LOL

Well, my first cup of coffee sure tastes good this morning. Still working the daylight shift so I'm up early heading to work. The weather here in Houston is good and mild today with zero chance of rain. I'll be glad when this set of work days is through though. I'm really more of a night owl type. Hows your morning going? got any plans?

Later,

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Good Morning FifthGear,

Looks like rain here in Virginia:)

I'm headed down to the dealership today to see if I can get a firmer date on the arrival of my fatboy.
I'll post any good news I might receive.

Regards,

wyo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good Morning Fifth Gear

Weather forcast here is opposite of yours. Full weekend of raining and no chance of sun. Oh well! The coffee sure tastes good though. Big Dog

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Well here too in Houston. Was gonna head out to OK today with another rider but the plans got scrubbed.

So I will kick it around the house some this morning, and then do some Ice House jumping today.

Most riders here are either headed to Beaumont HOG Ralley or Dawgs on Hogs next weekend.

http://www.dawgsonhawgs.org/

This one gets a bit wild. LOL!

Coffee today is good. Weather today is great! Beer later ...... priceless.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Well, I'm gonna wimp out of the flood run today! I know - I'm not a real biker! The forecast is for a high of 45 with snow developing tonight - 1 to 3 inches if you can believe it!!!!

Missed you in chat last night 5th!

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Zena, yeah I was a party pooper last night. I had a hard day at work and I woke up too early yesterday morning. I'll have to make up for that next time.

That damn weather man....he's a real jokester. Zero percent rain and I hit a little shower coming to work. I can just hear him now sitting back snickering ""tehhehehahahehe I wonder how many got wet? tehheheahha".

Later,

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Good Morning to to all of you! I just got up , hope it is still morning.
Weather turned crap to day .Heard that the outside bike show that I was going to was cancelled because of rain today.
Have to find something to do.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I hope everyone survived the wild parties and didn't wake up with too big of a hang over. No coffee for me this morning...even took a day of vacation to try and get a few things done around here before the rain comes on Monday.

Later,

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Well, as for me, I am going to take advantage of the good riding weather today here in Spring. Probably hit Spring Tavern, get in a few games of Pool, then head out to The Blue Door and see who is out and what they are doing today.

I'm stuck riding into work Monday morning and with the temps so high, the thunderstorms are probably going to be rockin and rollin. :rolleyes:

I was thinking about washing the bike this morning but with storms comin in tomorrow, to hell with it, I'll just ride the sucker.

I have decided to give up booze Monday through Friday to coincide with my workout routine. That being the case, I am going to have to take up the slack today. :D

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Good Morning everyone! I'll play you a few games of pool, Jimmy!lol Well, just be glad you don't live where I do - it's snowing right now!:mad:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Damn Deb ! SNOWING??? :(

Sorry to hear that. I'd be happy to let you chase a couple of balls on table with me.

Hey! Did that come out allright?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The spring tease we had here in the Finger Lakes area last week is making the cold weather very hard to take! No riding today...bummer! I suppose now I have to do all the inside junk I didn't do last week! Oh well...now if I could just learn how to make a decent pot of coffee!

Got this joke this morning...hope you enjoy it!

A man is driving down a deserted stretch of highway when he
notices a sign out of the corner of his eye. It reads:

SISTERS OF ST.FRANCIS

HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION

10 MILES

He thinks it was a figment of his imagination and drives on
without a second thought. Soon, he sees another sign which says:

SISTERS OF ST.FRANCIS

HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION

5 MILES

Suddenly, he begins to realize that these signs are for real. Then
he drives past a third sign saying:

SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS

HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION

NEXT RIGHT

His curiosity gets the best of him and he pulls into the drive.
On the far side of the parking lot is a somber stone building with a
small sign next to the door reading:

SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS

He climbs the steps and rings the bell. The door is answered by a
nun in a long black habit who asks, "What may we do for you, my
son?" He answers, "I saw your signs along the highway, and was
interested in possibly doing business." "Very well, my son. Please
follow me." He is led through many winding passages and is soon
quite disoriented. The nun stops at a closed door and tells the
man,
"Please knock on this door." He does as he is told and this door
is
answered by another nun in a long habit, holding a tin cup. This
nun
instructs, "Please place $50 in the cup, then go through the
large
wooden door at the end of this hallway." He gets $50 out of his
wallet and places it in the second nun's cup. He trots eagerly
down
the hall and slips through the door, pulling it shut behind him.
As
the door locks behind him, he finds himself back in the parking
lot,
facing another small sign:

GO IN PEACE

YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SCREWED

BY THE SISTERS OF ST.FRANCIS

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Annie, haven't caught up with you to welcome you here until now but glad you made it. That's a good joke...funny, we were just talking about nuns in the chat room last night......ain't that right sister Ginger. LOL

Well, i had good intentions of getting some important stuff done today but wife asked me if i was interested in going for a ride. She don't have to ask me twice!! So we took a ride to cruisers ice house and siped a couple beers and enjoyed the nice weather. I guess I will put the important stuff off untill tommorrow.

HEY Ronnie!! ...I forgot to tell you my forum name. If you stroll in here looking around, yep the dude with his wife on the black Dyna you were talkin to was me..FifthGear. I hope that you will make it to ROT rally with us.

Later,

·
Registered
380 Posts
a day late

good morning and i hope every body had a nice week end. was going on the flood run yesterday but was real cold, just did 164 miles over to river falls and back. been snowing all day here in west central wisconsin. wish we had weather to ride in!
so any way 5th gear what is up with the skull and cross bones, on your post?
need plenty of coffee breaks in this cold not to mention the snow.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
it snowed in the big city of sturgis yesterday too, but its all melted off. in fact, this afternoon turned out to be decent. i HATE snow

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Re: a day late

slamin sammy said:
good morning and i hope every body had a nice week end. was going on the flood run yesterday but was real cold, just did 164 miles over to river falls and back. been snowing all day here in west central wisconsin. wish we had weather to ride in!
so any way 5th gear what is up with the skull and cross bones, on your post?
need plenty of coffee breaks in this cold not to mention the snow.
Sorry to hear about all that white stuff keeping you from riding. It won't be long before it won't be a factor though.

The cross bones flag is just a board thing sammy....nothing to worry about. It's kind of a joke symbol from another board. I've been accused by a good riding bro of snatching some of the most cool people from another board. I am innocent!.. well, sort of. LOL

Later,

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Was 92 here last Wednesday and it snowed a little this morning. Should not amount to anything, but it is cold and raw out. Hope it does'nt add up to anything because then they will put sand back down on the streets after just sweeping them. Anyways, the sickle is tucked away in its garage for a couple days.:(

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Morning guys. I guess some of our northern brothers are still dealing with the remainder of winter. It won't be long before everyday will be riding day though. I can't believe how many times that I've been sunburned on the face this year. I look like a red racoon in the face. I didn't use sunblock yesterday on my little ride because I thought that the Florida trip was enough to tan the leather. LOL. Guess not. Anyone else get a RED tan?

Later,

1 - 20 of 114 Posts