V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. anybody running the new cobra power pro CVT? have an
06' SG with a 96" screaming eagle motor and was looking at a tuner and heard about the cobra in a mag. If you have one is it all they cliam it is? sounds like a winner, as no dyno'ing needed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a cobra F2000 on my 03 softail and I was pretty happy with it. 03 had a screaming eagle air cleaner with a K&N filter and Vance and hines big shots with quiet baffles and was a very strong running bike. I always got good tech support from cobra when I needed it.

I installed a dobeck EJK in my 10 UC. Tech support is outstanding, and the price was much more acceptable.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I'm also interested in feedback on the Cobra fi2000 Power Pro. It's method of auto tuning seems rather unique, as it doesn't rely on O2 sensor feedback, but instead, uses crank sensor info. They claim it more accurately tunes for performance. My biggest question regarding this unit is whether it has the ability to 'subtract' fuel as well as add fuel. To my knowledge, all previous Dobeck based fuel controllers lacked the ability to actually subtract fuel, the way a power commander or TTS can. So.... can the power pro now remove fuel as well as add... in conjunction with it's unique auto tuning method?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cobra FI2000R PowerPro

We put one on a customer bike and so far, it has been running great!
It has been on for about a month now, and so far he loves it!
I do not know any numbers or exact results, but
with the Vance and Hines true duals, monster rounds, and PM air cleaner, it keeps the bike cool and running great!
It seems to stay well tuned and while it does read off the crank sensor, I would still recommend it to others. No down sides that I can see yet.

We have sold many of these nationwide, so far not one warranty issue or complaint. We have been selling so many we lowered the price to $459.95 w/ free shipping.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Has anyone used this Cobra Power Pro and had their bike dyno tuned? It looks to be a great product. I am curious as to how well this new technology works and to what AFR values it tune to. Does anyone understand how the crank sensor can measure fuel delivery needs? If this works we could have an almost plug and play device for those with no access to a dyno.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a Power Pro on a Street glide and it did not work like advertised. Fuel milage dropped and did very little for performance. Called Cobra to try and return it and they said no. Guess that is the way it goes. Bought the Harley SERT and a lot happier. Save your money and get the SERT. Just my opinion.
Wish I would have read this article before spending the money. Lot of money for no more gains than it gives.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/07/03/cw-evaluation-cobra-fi2000-powrpro/

·
Registered
65 Posts
^^^ Great thread/great response! Tks for posting...

I'll have to re-consider my options. I was not too impressed with the minor performance increase/figures...

Cheers/B

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fitted the CVT to my 2010 FLHTCU with the addition of the Hi5 Mach 2 A/C. Mufflers are a future buy but, all I have noticed is the higher fuel consumption.

To be honest, I am not sure what to expect. My ride style is the same as before fitting it. And fuel costs are irrelevant to me (for now anyway).

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
I had a Power Pro on a Street glide and it did not work like advertised. Fuel milage dropped and did very little for performance. Called Cobra to try and return it and they said no. Guess that is the way it goes. Bought the Harley SERT and a lot happier. Save your money and get the SERT. Just my opinion.
Wish I would have read this article before spending the money. Lot of money for no more gains than it gives.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/07/03/cw-evaluation-cobra-fi2000-powrpro/
Yes, it did give gains when added to a "2011 Harley-Davidson Street Glide equipped with a full exhaust system and a freer-breathing air cleaner but still running on the stock fuel map".

Anything that richened it up would do that, because they took an already lean bike and made it leaner... then added a fueler... duh.

2 acquaintances of mine have tried this thing on the dyno. It keeps the injectors on during decel (eliminates popping), it reverts to the stock fuel map at idle/cruise, but under acceleration it dumps in fuel to the 12:1 A/F neighborhood. It works best with the O2 sensors unplugged.

Full time/real time/auto tuning MY AZZ! Basically, everything in the Cobra brochure is a lie. "Tunes 80 times/second for perfect air to fuel ratios".

What it does best is pull money out of your pocket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
cobra fi2000 power-pro at with cvt

i too had a cobra power pro at with cvt it did what it said it would do. i have a 2012 ultra-classic limited with a s&s power tune duals/arlen ness big sucker air cleaner/tailgunner gunships. when i would be done riding i would put the bike up on the lift that i have in my pole barn. i like to keep my bike clean so i go over the whole thing. when i get to the gunships barrels i have to clean an extra amount of black carbon off of the barrles. yes my milage did go down some but the bike did not miss a beat but i just thought that something could be better. so i took the cobra fi2000 at with cvt off and bought a dynojet power vision. my plugs were also coated with black carbon but they were working. i put the dynojet from fuel moto on the bike and flashed one of the maps that were put in the unit from fuel moto pertaining to what i had on the bike. the map was close and the bike ran great. the plugs looked real good too. when i went to clean the barrles of the gunships barrles they only had road dust! on them. think what you want here but that tells me the dynojet power vision does a better job of fuel economy and running the engine much better. yes i also did a auto tune on this bike but because i don,t have a dyno i actualy had to take the bike out on the road and do a real time ride so the power vision could map the bike to the way i ride. i was not sure if i wanted to go this route with mapping and tunes but i am glad i did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts