V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what a stock clutch assembly weighs? If it makes any difference specifically one that would fit an 82 FXR.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Curious as to why you want to know the weight. Do you want just the clutch pack? Or the entire assy including the hub and basket?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious as to why you want to know the weight. Do you want just the clutch pack? Or the entire assy including the hub and basket?
The whole thing, basket, starter ring,,, everything as it bolts on to the shaft.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The BDL clutch I have now weighs 16 lbs. If it does not spin perfectly it creates more vibration than I'm content to have. I'm just wondering if I can loose some of the problem by using a lighter clutch.

·
Registered
688 Posts
now weiight a minute.......id try a good used alum clutch...that has no runout...is vibes yr problem?...could be a buffet of other things on that 82

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
BalanceMasters makes a mercury-filled washer that bolts on the end of the clutch, crank or wheel hub that may work if you are trying to eliminate vibration

·
Registered
871 Posts
Have you inspected basket runout with the belt and clutch plates removed and wiggled/spun the hub freely to ensure you don't have a bearing problem? It the belt drive open or enclosed? What brand and model? Pics can be useful since it's hard to read minds over the internet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts