V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a problem that started about a month ago that I'm hoping you guys can give me a little help with. I got a 04 FXST that I put on a Joker Machine hydraulic clutch actuator with a PM master about a year ago with no problems. Now my bike was sitting for about 4 months due to me having a broken tailbone. The first time I rode it after that it felt like there was no clutch pressure and had to get the rpm's right to down shift. I took it to a shop and they bled the system and adjusted the clutch and it worked fine. The next weekend I rode it with no problems. Due to weather and work it sat for two weeks, then I rode it today and at first it had a hard time getting into first, now up shifting it's a pretty hard shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd the rest is ok and down shifting is good. Holy **** this was a pretty long post. Sorry about that. Any idea's what's going on? I appreciate any help or info.

Thanx,
Jimbo

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
rotton1 said:
I got a problem that started about a month ago that I'm hoping you guys can give me a little help with. I got a 04 FXST that I put on a Joker Machine hydraulic clutch actuator with a PM master about a year ago with no problems. Now my bike was sitting for about 4 months due to me having a broken tailbone. The first time I rode it after that it felt like there was no clutch pressure and had to get the rpm's right to down shift. I took it to a shop and they bled the system and adjusted the clutch and it worked fine. The next weekend I rode it with no problems. Due to weather and work it sat for two weeks, then I rode it today and at first it had a hard time getting into first, now up shifting it's a pretty hard shift from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd the rest is ok and down shifting is good. Holy **** this was a pretty long post. Sorry about that. Any idea's what's going on? I appreciate any help or info.

Thanx,
Jimbo
Sounds like it needs bleed again.....you might have a loose conection some where in the line or bad seal in the piston allowing air to get in the system.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hdmd88,
thanx for the info. I'll check it out. Just wondering, you think is't possible for the clutch plates to be sticking from sitting so long?

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
rotton1 said:
hdmd88,
thanx for the info. I'll check it out. Just wondering, you think is't possible for the clutch plates to be sticking from sitting so long?
Sure they will but once broken loose they will work fine.....I don't think the accuator is seperating the plates enough to disengage the clutch.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hdmd88,
Thanx again, I'll get the seal kit and try that, hopfully I can work on it next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mahalo & Aloha from Maui,
Jimbo

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I rebuilt the master and bled the system, checked all the fittings and it still at first seemed a little hard to shift from 1st to 2nd but after awhile it seemed to get better, we'll see what happens after I get to take a good ride. I wish I could say it all went smooth but not so lucky, while I was rebuiling the master I chipped a piece of chrome off the control, what a b*tch. It wouldn't be so bad if PM controls didn't cost so dam much, it wouldn't hurt so much. Oh well what the hell, anyway just wanted to let you guys know how it went and again thanx for the help.

ALOHA,
Jimbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts