V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Some dude I ran into at the gas station said hey that's a Baker right …..
Is that what he said? A "Baker right" is a right side drive, which this isn't. Or did you just throw that word in there to confuse me?

Besides, Baker has their name boldly embossed in large letters in some prominent location, like right on top of the trap door. They are extremely proud of their products, which you would know if you ever had the chance to buy something from them. They come up with a lot of great ideas, which the MOCO magically seems to come up with several years later.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
a super sidewinder is not a 124... it is an evo style... S&S produced the super sidewinder in 3 displacements,, 100",, 107" and 113"... you can ID it by calling S&S,,, have the case,, head and cylinder # in case it was not a crate engihead
the super sidewinder + can be either a 111", 117"or 124",,,

my guess would be a full polish 107..

the super sidewinder all have 4" bores and stroke of 4",, 4.25" or 4.5",,, the us engines all have 4.125" bore,, and strokes of 4.125,,, 4.375 or 4.625..

sorry cant help you with the trans... I ordered mine blind marked..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I got ahold a of S&S and it is not a 124. It is a 113 with 4 inch bore 41/2 stroke 600 cam super G carb 93cc head electric compression release. By the sounds of it the transmission is still a mystery probably a Ultima but its not S&S.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Could be an S&S trapdoor. Probably would need to remove the clutch cover to know for sure.

Hate to bring this up, but with everything else being what it is, I'd suspect some more BS with respect to the claimed 142HP. I wouldn't make any bets over that before putting it on the dyno myself.

Live and learn. Still a fun bike.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts