V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys heres another one for ya. I have a 1991 sportster I had first bought but was not ready to hit the streets with it being a newbie and all. I since then bought a rebel 250 but I'm ready to get back on the sportster and take it to the streets. The last time I dropped it. I had leaned it over just a little to much and it just dropped on the left side. It messed up my clutch where it has to be pulled out with your fingers to release the clutch completely. It was'nt like that before I dropped it.. I'm anxious to get on it again because the Rebel just does'nt have the power I want. Any clues how I can fix it??

Cheri aka Medicine Woman

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Hard to tell without looking, but sounds like you bent the clutch lever or the housing it mounts into. A dealer in your area might have some takeoff parts for cheap if you smile and bat your eyes just so. I know you can handle it :rolleyes:, its not like you would have to swallow or anything :eek:

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thealien said:
Hard to tell without looking, but sounds like you bent the clutch lever or the housing it mounts into. A dealer in your area might have some takeoff parts for cheap if you smile and bat your eyes just so. I know you can handle it :rolleyes:, its not like you would have to swallow or anything :eek:
So well put Alien... Yeah I walk into a HD dealership I always end up walking out with at least $100 less out of my wallet.

Cheri aka Medicine Woman

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Didn't you say you have a Harley Guru friend? I'll bet somethings just bent and in a couple of minutes he could have you back on the streets.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Cheri, I'll check this weekend but I think I have the stock clutch perch and lever from an 02 FXDL. If someone here can verify that it will work on the Sportster I can send it to you.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cwo2lt said:
Didn't you say you have a Harley Guru friend? I'll bet somethings just bent and in a couple of minutes he could have you back on the streets.
Yep Harley Guru friend sprayed the old WD40 on it and it's working ok so I'm going to take the bike out this weekend and check it out.

Thanks

Cheri

1 - 6 of 6 Posts