V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The "Genius," (and we'll just let it go at that....),disassembled the clutch hub conical washer with "OUT" stamped on it, and flat washer, (seen in the center of the clutch hub assy). When he did, he ruined the (?) Barclay / Barkley(?) spirial style spring steel retaining ring that retains the (2) washers in the hub outboard of the shaft spline. HD does not list a PN for this ring. It measures approx .046 thick x 1.800(+) in outside diameter. Fits in the machined groove inside the hub race.

Does anybody know where I can buy this type of retaining ring, or a more conventional style snap ring to replace it with?? All it does is hold the (2) washers in place.

Need a part number / source of supply from someone who has encountered this. Can't believe HD doesn't list this ring under a PN, but then should that surprise me? The parts guy told me he could sell me a whole new hub assembly that would have the new clip in it..... Like I said..."Genius..." I can't believe I'm the first person who has encountered this dilema..Help.....

Thanks for prompt replys.. This one has me dead in the water..

Thanks, and Happy New Year to All!

DLR:dunno:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking into the center of the clutch hub, you can see the spline. You can also see the large conical washer with the word "OUT" stamped on it. It's the ring that retains this washer.

DLR

·
Registered
487 Posts
local out parts store or hardware store should be able to help with a standard internal circlip. just make sure the sharp edge is pointed out and good luck getting it in

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
If your close to Grainger...try them. Another place might be an industrial tractor dealer...Case, Bobcat, John Deere

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I'm headed to the "Tractor Store"... Hopefully I'll find it there. Might as well have them install it while I'm there, Oh and I'm going to buy a dozen of them in case anyone else runs into this problem... Can't imagine buying a new hub assy. and replacing the bearing in the basket to overcome this problem...Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, guys. I'll let you know how I make out.
DLR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts