V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing a good look-over and service today on the bike, I found that my clutch cable is coming apart at the adjuster. The outer cable has pulled out of the metal crimped part of the adjuster. Looks like it's time for a new clutch cable.

Is there such a thing as a +2 clutch cable, or is there only +4?

Anyone have a stock or +2 clutch cable laying around?

I also found that my rear rotor is at .218", and the minimum allowed is .205".....so I guess I should start looking for one of those too.

Anyone have a stock rear rotor laying around?

Thanks,

Steve

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if a clutch cable from an '08 is the same as the clutch cable from an '05?

I found a deal on a Barnett +4 for an '08, but I want to make sure it will fit my '05. I can't see any differences that wouldn't allow it to work fine, but a little info would be great before buying it.

Steve

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff..............rotor?

I got a response from Barnett on the clutch cable, and it's a no go. The '08 has 3-1/2" of exposed wire, the '05 only has 2-3/4". So they said the adjuster won't take out all the slack.

$64 for a new cable from them, so I think I'm going that route to avoid any headaches.

Steve

·
Registered
97 Posts
IMO, I would go new on the rotor also. You got too nice a bike to go scrimping on safety parts.

·
Registered
597 Posts
you could try Robs Used Harley parts, I recently picked up a used rotor from them for $40 which was in decent condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts