V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if the clutch can be adjusted to make it easier for me pull in??? after riding for a while.. my hand is sore.. and I barely have the strength to shift... the stealer said no.. and I didn't see any thing in the manuel.... thanks

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
harleygirl64 said:
.. and I didn't see any thing in manuel....
Leave poor ol' Manuel alone and get a manual :D :D :D

Just teasing.
Do a web search on "easy pull clutch system"

wyo

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey wyo... ya know when I typed that word in... It. didn't look right... but I was too tired to give it any more thought!!! that was pretty funny! ..............................................Thanks Rusty Knight... for the info... I'm going to go check it out!

·
BFFB
833 Posts
you might want to consider waiting a while ,,,if you r not used to riding it WILL get easier,,,anytime ive gone without a bike for a while my hand hurt too,,,kind of like riding a horse,,it takes a while to work out the kinks

·
Registered
146 Posts
To me the best alternative is to change it to hydraulic. The MoCo sells a kit for baggers but there is no reason it can't be used on a st. After the first of the year I will convert the wives Heritage.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Hydraulic will be way more an expensive altenative with no guarantee of a lighter pull. 3-500 dollars compared to about 50 bucks for the lite boy. The lite boy was designed to reduce clutch pull.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree the cost is high $500.00, I have one on the V-rod and the manager at the dealer has one on his Ultra, and I can attest that the pull is 100% lighter than stock.

Additionally I know of two incidents with clutch add ons and issues with locking of the lever.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Were the problems with the lite boy, I know a few that have used them for years with no problems !!! And 100% would be no resistance at all, the wind would pull in your clutch lever. Just busting you chops, the person asking advice just got the bike and would probably prefer the lesser expensive solution for now..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Diane white bros makes a great easy clutch cost is like 25 bucks and takes all of a 1/2 hour to install put one in the wifes deuce for her and she loves it rides for hours now with no pain to her hand

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Diane, i know this an old thread, but i'll thow my 2 cents in anyway. When we were kids the old man used to have us carry around a rubber ball in our clucth hand to build up the strength for hill climbs on our dirt bikes.

I'm confident that you will build the stength you need in a few weeks, and save the money for the clutch kit. It should be able to fit in you hand with the fingers closed comfortably around it. (down thealien) Should be able to pick one up at a toy store for a buck or two.

Perhaps you could get the XOM's face put on it.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
/i]piOriginally posted by DJW

Perhaps you could get the XOM's face put on it. [/B]
Now with that idea... it would only take a few hours... Cause I'd smash that ball too bits!!

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
harleygirl64 said:
Now with that idea... it would only take a few hours... Cause I'd smash that ball too bits!!

Relax HG relax, take a deep breath.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Now Smash that motherfuckertobitsandbits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Diane, if you choose to use the easy boy lite clutch I have one that I will give to you for free but in my opinion they are junk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts