V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a custom built bobber (softail frame, revtech 110 motor) that just started making a clunking noise from the front primary. I have a open belt system and after tearing into it a little i realized the front pulley wasnt seated tightly to the fly wheel. Im hoping I caught it quick enough that it didnt do any damage to the sprocket shaft. Has anyone had this issue? Is this fixable without replacing some high dollar parts?

·
Super Moderator
20,655 Posts
Front belt sprocket bolts to the sprocket shaft, not the flywheel.

It it came loose at the crank bolt, then you are looking at the chance it wallowed out the sprocket shaft splines. If the drive sprocket cam loose from the hub, then you would be looking at perhaps hogging out the bolt holes.

Those drives have a reputation as crank killers, because of the poorly made plates in the front sprocket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front belt sprocket bolts to the sprocket shaft, not the flywheel.

It it came loose at the crank bolt, then you are looking at the chance it wallowed out the sprocket shaft splines. If the drive sprocket cam loose from the hub, then you would be looking at perhaps hogging out the bolt holes.

Those drives have a reputation as crank killers, because of the poorly made plates in the front sprocket.
Thank you for responding. I'm going to tear into it more and see if those splines are salvageable

1 - 3 of 3 Posts