V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brother-in-law that rode a Kawasaki, but he and his wife would wear HD clothing or clothing with Sturgis stuff on it. They had never had a HD or been to Sturgis and I was a little concered that if they ever crossed paths with the wrong people there might be a problem. Thankfully before that happened they did get an Electra Glide, but they still haven't been to Sturgis. I used to ride a Honda VTX before I got an HD and I proudly wore my blue Honda cap. It seemed that wearing HD clothing and not having one was a little bit fake. I was just curious if that would bother anybody else in the HD community, or am I just overly critical?

Coach

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
No problem. People wear HD clothing that never even sat on any type of bike. Wearing HD clothing is very common and shouldn't p-off anyone. It's just a fashion statement, especially the last decade or so. Many decades ago, they may have got some ribbing.

rkc

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree, not uncommon today. HD makes some great all be it, expensive, riding gear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One day i was a riding my old 1951 FL Panhead in one of those yuppie towns.. And stopped at an icecream stand. The bike ticking happily, cooling off as I worked my back into shape from a long haul on a hard-tail... A guy comes walking over.. black long sleeve tee shirt.. Sturgis / HD all over it.. Guy asks me.. what kind of bike? 1951 Panhead I say.. He then asks.. where was it made? 'Milwaukee' I say.. American Made? he asks.. yeah.. Milwaukee Wisconsin, USA...

·
Registered
660 Posts
It seemed that wearing HD clothing and not having one was a little bit fake. I was just curious if that would bother anybody else in the HD community, or am I just overly critical?

Coach
I have seen lots of fake lookin folks with HD clothing on...and many were actually riding a Harley....go figure...:whistle:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I was being a little bit of an elitist, but honestly I thougt the boy might get beaten up if he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I am glad to know that HD riders are tolerant - makes be feel better about humanity. I always feel self-conscious because all my leather stuff looks too new.
Coach

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
There are more people out there who qualify to get their a$$ kicked for what they say or do than for what they wear.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Whew, after I read the title I was expecting this to be something about mixing stripes and plaids or wearing white shoes after labor day... :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a brother-in-law that rode a Kawasaki, but he and his wife would wear HD clothing or clothing with Sturgis stuff on it. They had never had a HD or been to Sturgis and I was a little concered that if they ever crossed paths with the wrong people there might be a problem. Thankfully before that happened they did get an Electra Glide, but they still haven't been to Sturgis. I used to ride a Honda VTX before I got an HD and I proudly wore my blue Honda cap. It seemed that wearing HD clothing and not having one was a little bit fake. I was just curious if that would bother anybody else in the HD community, or am I just overly critical?

Coach
Yep, I would say your being over critical. To be honest, who TF cares what clothes other people wear on their bikes?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Clothing.....what the ?

Some folks around here wear Toronto Maple Leaf t-shirts ......
They don't get beat up ...... just laughed at. Most of them have low self esteem .....
Deep subject matter in this thread.....:coffee:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have more HDs in the garage than I do their t-shirts in my drawer. (2 bikes, 0 t-shirts) and I wouldn't give a rat's ass what anyone wears. Why should there be a problem? You think if someone uses Skoal but wears a Redman shirt there would be an issue? It's just a dang brand. I like HD bikes but everything else about the company (aside from keeping parts around) pretty much sucks. Oh wait, I do own a pair of HD boots, got 'em for $39.00 which is why I own them, cause I'm a cheapskate.

·
Registered
340 Posts
There is no way in hell I'd wear my Boston Bruins t-shirts in Montreal, just no way.
And not in Vancouver either.
But, HD would be out a lot of dough if only HD owners could wear the gear.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I got a buddy that rides a Gold Wing and he wears Harley Boots and gloves.....says they are better than other stuff.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I once rode a BMW to Sturgis and walked around in a Harley tee. I ride both marques and do this often without even knowing it. Nobody said a word. I sometimes think we're overly concerned about others' opinion. Except for the queer eye, most folks could care less what you wear.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I still wear Miami Dolphins shirts, but it's embarrassing....

:)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Some folks around here wear Toronto Maple Leaf t-shirts ......
They don't get beat up ...... just laughed at. Most of them have low self esteem .....
Deep subject matter in this thread.....:coffee:
I have a buddy who is a rabid Leafs fan and was fortunately or unfortunately born the year they last won Lord Stanley's Cup.

·
Banned
164 Posts
I ride my 1977 Honda GL 1000 to the Harley shop to pick up parts. I wear my HD Orange and Black jacket when I ride the Busa. I wear a GSXR jacket when I ride the Dyna. Oh yeah and full leathers and full face on the Helix. I Love skruwin with stereotypes. I have been known to wear different boots on each foot, yeah I have a pair at home just like it / not! right-left. Hmm?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts