V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used the Terry Components closed loop system? I am installing Rinehart true duals on my 06 Ultra Classic and am looking at putting the system on because of the 02 sensor and it's claim to adjust on the go.

Any experience with this unit?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
iubarney said:
Has anyone ever used the Terry Components closed loop system? I am installing Rinehart true duals on my 06 Ultra Classic and am looking at putting the system on because of the 02 sensor and it's claim to adjust on the go.

Any experience with this unit?
American Iron Magazine is supposed to be doing an article on this unit soon. www.daytona-twintec.com has just come out with a dual sensor unit. Might want to check them out too.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
If they have just come out with the dual unit I don't see it on the website yet unless I missed it somewhere.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
timbo said:
If they have just come out with the dual unit I don't see it on the website yet unless I missed it somewhere.
It isn't on the web page yet. I just emailed them yesterday about it and they had just introduced it at the V-Twin show in Cincinnati.

They said, "This, the new system was announced at the VTwin show in Cinci last week and will retail for $849.50. It will be available in early April."

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Wow! For that price I wonder if it includes an ECM? I changed cams a few months back on my bike. I think I'll just have a retune done on the dyno using my SERT before I take off on any long trips. I don't change out parts often enough to justify spending over 800 bucks. I'm real curious about it though. Hopefully they'll publish some info soon.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
timbo said:
Wow! For that price I wonder if it includes an ECM? I changed cams a few months back on my bike. I think I'll just have a retune done on the dyno using my SERT before I take off on any long trips. I don't change out parts often enough to justify spending over 800 bucks. I'm real curious about it though. Hopefully they'll publish some info soon.
Yes it does include a new ECM and two O2 sensors. Plus some other stuff.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well... I just got done installing my Rineharts and the Terry Comp system.

It runs great. Everything went off without a hitch. Bike runs great. Going to take it out tomorrow and ride a good distance. Rode about 20 miles tonight.

No popping or dead spots.

I was nervous to cut into the wiring, but it sems to be ok.

WHEW!!

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I've had mine on since last Spring, soldered and used heat shrink on connections. You won't regret it. 3,000 mi. no problem no glitches.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
iubarney said:
Well... I just got done installing my Rineharts and the Terry Comp system.

It runs great. Everything went off without a hitch. Bike runs great. Going to take it out tomorrow and ride a good distance. Rode about 20 miles tonight.

No popping or dead spots.

I was nervous to cut into the wiring, but it sems to be ok.

WHEW!!
So you already had it purchased but were afraid you were going to blow up the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I saw the terry componets for 525.00. What is involved with installing this?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
wkhon
Thanks for the instructions. Iwas going to buy a race tuner but i may get this. For 525.00 how can you beat it, by the time you get done with downloads and dyno runs this has to be cheaper.
Anyone running this let me know how you like it.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
mori55 said:
wkhon
Thanks for the instructions. Iwas going to buy a race tuner but i may get this. For 525.00 how can you beat it, by the time you get done with downloads and dyno runs this has to be cheaper.
Anyone running this let me know how you like it.
It should be. Plus as you make changes you don't need to run back to the dyno everytime.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
wkohn said:
It should be. Plus as you make changes you don't need to run back to the dyno everytime.
You would think that more people would be running this system instead pissing money away for dyno runs and all.
One thing i would like to see is someone with a before and after dyno run with this.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
mori55 said:
You would think that more people would be running this system instead pissing money away for dyno runs and all.
One thing i would like to see is someone with a before and after dyno run with this.
They have that on their web site. Also, look for a test in a coming issue of American Iron. I'm really interested in the Daytona-Twintec because it uses two O2 sensors. But it is going to be pricy $849.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
How much of a difference do you think the twintec system will be? Do you think there will be that much difference?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I've kinda wondered why more people don't go to it also. My gut feeling is they want to squeeze every last bit of TQ and HP they can. I figure if I'm at 100/100 or around there, My numb butt ain't goin to feel the difference in +/-5. Just my personal feelings. Gives me more saddle time. It's been trouble free for me.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
mori55 said:
How much of a difference do you think the twintec system will be? Do you think there will be that much difference?
Well from what I understand of the Terry system is that it tunes the rear cylinder only and kind of gets close the front. Having both cylinders tuned to the right fuel to air ratio would be the best giving the best power to fuel used set-up you could get. So the two sensors would give in theory the best control. The twintec also comes with a replacement ECM that you can adjust. This would be more work and would require a tuner with a dyno as their present system with one sensor requires it.

With the Terry system I would be interested to see what both plugs look like after it has adjusted itself. The rear one should look near perfect. The front one would be in question.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
taswetz said:
I've kinda wondered why more people don't go to it also. My gut feeling is they want to squeeze every last bit of TQ and HP they can. I figure if I'm at 100/100 or around there, My numb butt ain't goin to feel the difference in +/-5. Just my personal feelings. Gives me more saddle time. It's been trouble free for me.
Maybe we can get you to pull that front plug out and see how it looks. I'm seriously am thinking of going with this instead of the sert. I know in my car with 1 02 sensor and 8 cylinders it's pretty good. Do you think the front cylinder would be that much different?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
It takes a reading off the right side ahead of muffler. I still run stock pipes with crossover (SE Mufflers). If I was running true duals could be a noticeable difference. If I remember, HD exhaust back and forth thru pipes for torque/ horsepower versus RPM range. I did do a CCP for a base after 2500 mi. and could not see a difference in the plug reading. It is tuning both cyl., but might be reading more on one cyl than the other.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.