V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new here, I have an FLHS Electraglide Touring 1991 and there are a couple of things I want to do to it.
I would like to change the headlamp nacel to a full chrome one and get rid of the ugly black console.
To do this I can either buy chrome speedo and tacho to replace it or change the tank for a split tank with centre dash.
Are either of these possible for this bike and any recommendations.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Mine is also 91 w 95 engine....you can get the chrome nacelle front cover but will still have the stock dash box(needed to mount up) i guess you can put all on the tank but a bunch or wireing is needed and dont know if that tank will except the setup...maybe....id just go with a stock classic faring like i did ...mine was originally a tour glide(has your dash setup) with all options but was damaged... i then just put a plex fairng on and made it a road king for a few years...then put a classic fairing on(complete ebay) and it was plug and play with the radio etc....you will need to setup for a radio if desired...with a full faring u will never go back imo.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
dont know how many miles you have but service the swingarm shaft...i just did mine and it was a major task to get it out...the shaft freezes on the rt bushing and the shaft only comes out that way... to do isolators that is...hope you got a good block mine was a fantastic runner till the rt rear corner cracked...had it welded and went for another 2 yrs then got a cracked behind the lifters...the 2 spots the can crack...i got a 1995 eng for a spare bought eariler for a song/dance price...good thing i did

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies, think I'll go for chrome nacelle and bar mounted chrome instruments to clean it up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts