V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a positive experience this morning...called and talked to John at Clearview shields...I ordered an 8" clear recurve for my '06 Ultra. Very pleasant to talk to...NOT the gimme your order/money/good-bye type.
He also said he was probably going to become a site sponser.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I bought a shield from them about a year ago. Very good service and a great product. I will buy from them again.

·
Ridin' with the King
1,352 Posts
I bought a shield from John for my BMW a couple of years ago. He was a nice enough person to deal with but the shield was too distorted for me and I couldn't use it so I sent it back for a refund.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I put one on my Road Glide about 3 months ago. Really made a big difference. I look over, rather than through it, so the distortion issue is not a big deal.

Quality product, expensive, but worth it...

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
ZR1Dan said:
I put one on my Road Glide about 3 months ago. Really made a big difference. I look over, rather than through it, so the distortion issue is not a big deal.

Quality product, expensive, but worth it...
Same here, put one on my '06 RG and am happy with it. Seeing over rather than thru it was my goal as well.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Are these preformed? Or are they flat stock like the Fast Aire? I have a Cee Bailey on my Glide right now. But I really haven't found anything that is as scratch resistant as the Harley shield. How does the Clearview compare?

Thanks.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
timbo said:
Are these preformed? Or are they flat stock like the Fast Aire? I have a Cee Bailey on my Glide right now. But I really haven't found anything that is as scratch resistant as the Harley shield. How does the Clearview compare?

Thanks.
http://65.38.172.84/forums/showthread.php?t=64908

Timbo maybe this will help you see it.

Nice, no GREAT shield, since then I have a short on now which is 2" shorter then the one in the pics. It is Da Bomb

As far as scratch resistance it appears to be as good or better then HD. As with ALL polycarbonate, soft cloth only, NO paper towels, and pre soak the shield, I use detailer spray and let it sit for awhile then wipe it and turn the rag and polish to a shine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ZR 1 Dan and Road Glider, Which shield are you guys running? The 1" shorter version? I have been looking at them too and cant decide which one I need. I am 6 ft even and cut about 1 and 1/2 inches off my stock one. I think that was a bit too much.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
a friend put a rifle shield on his dresser and said they are quality shields. just thought I'd throw that into the mix for you guys.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
roadglide05 said:
ZR 1 Dan and Road Glider, Which shield are you guys running? The 1" shorter version? I have been looking at them too and cant decide which one I need. I am 6 ft even and cut about 1 and 1/2 inches off my stock one. I think that was a bit too much.
Yes that is the one I got. I am just at 6' tall also and no problem seeing over it. You do notice a little more air as opposed to the stocker but not anything too bad. Would much rather have a little more air than dealing with seeing thru the stocker.

·
Goooood morning, Vietnam!
391 Posts
roadglide05 said:
Thanks Glider! Good to know. Ill get one after new Year.
That's a great idea but you might want to know that Clearview has a 10% off special discount going through 12/31/05. Also, they say that the prices will increase in Feb. 2006.

Just thought you would like to know. (I ordered a new 1" shorter than stock shield yesterday at the 10% off price. The discount was enough to push me over the edge to order now even though I won't be able to put it on the bike until sometime in March.)
:Banadance

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
A discount on a good product, can't beat that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts