V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a clearview shield with the option vent? What do you like or dislike about it?

How about tint? Did you stay with the clear or get the light grey tint?

I am thinking about adding one to my Road Glide and looking over the option list.

Thanks for he input!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can't help you from experience - yet.

Just spoke to John and ordered a Clearview for the 06 Roadie.

Here are my "data points".

I assume my 06 came with the stock shield - measured 16" from middle mounting screw to top of shield measured from the front "wind facing" side.

At 6'1" on the stock seat that's at chin level.

+2 put's the Clearview at nose level and 2"+ back towards the rider (GT Large)

Went with light gray tint and the vent - wasn't sure about the vent, but after all it is South East freaking hot-humid Florida.

John said the biggest reason buyers had used NOT to the get the vent was that it made the bike look to much like a GoldWing!?

I was looking for function - and from all accounts the vent does work.

Should be here in about a month.

Well nuts!

Pete

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I have a custom cut clearview med gray tinted no vent.

I love the shield. The way its shaped, cut and tinted change the look and performance of the factory shield by about a million % for the better.

I didn't like the look of the vent myself.
I'm not sure why its all that necessary.
I have been out on 90 + degree days and never thought it would make that big a difference. At least not enough difference to justify the goofy look it gives the shield and bike. Sorry if anyone has one Its just my opinion.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Mine is the gt small gray tinted one with out the vent. Like you I was a little unsure of the vent and I have never given it another thought since I got the shield installed.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Skip the vent. I have one and will be replacing it with another Clearview without vent. The vent makes cleaning the inside lower portion of the screen very difficult and really doesn't make any appreciable difference to the temps behind the screen.

If anyone just has to have one of these let me know. I have one for sale. Cheap.

J

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jlelliott said:
Skip the vent. I have one and will be replacing it with another Clearview without vent. The vent makes cleaning the inside lower portion of the screen very difficult and really doesn't make any appreciable difference to the temps behind the screen.

If anyone just has to have one of these let me know. I have one for sale. Cheap.

J
Thank you sir! You just addressed my two concerns! :beer4u:

Time to give John a call!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks J I called to cancel the vent on mine. I went riding today myself in 90 degree and there's plenty of breeze.

Would some one with a "stock" RG HD shield please measure it from middle mounting screw to top of shield one the front "wind facing" side.

Wondering if it's 16"

Thx,

Pete

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
RG windshield height

Yes Sir it is 16" from center to top give or take an eighth in", but for all intent and purposes it is a 16" windshield. Gotta finish my butter peacan ice cream now . Bye.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I can second that, factory shield is 16"

But keep in mind that the 16" clearview will be much lower because the shield comes at the rider at a greater angle. So its hight will be lower.

I love mine and I'm sure you will two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts