V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sanding/Clearcoating within a MASK

Hello..I'm trying to do something a bit strange...I'm using either aluminum with a kind of baked enamel (not sure exactly what kind or color). What I want to do is create a stencil out of frisket paper, attach it to the aluminum, and paint only the stencil part using auto air colors w/ an airbrush. So my problem is that I need to prep the surface by scuffing up the baked enamel, but I want to only scuff up what's inside the stencil which has some complex and delicate edges and I don't want to ruin the edges of the frisket. Then want to clear coat ONLY the what's in the frisket. So basically the part under the frisket I want to leave exactly as is, and what's inside the frisket I need to prep, paint and clear coat. Is there a way to do this either by not ruining the frisket or w/o having to sand the paint surface, like using an adhesion promoter or something like that? I want the image to have very clean edges and that beautiful wet gloss of a new car. I also want to do this with plexi and actually use my own paint for the background, but the same problem exists with sanding the inside of the frisket. Thanks in advance for any help!

R

1 - 1 of 1 Posts