V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a great video on cleaning your parts before installing your new big bore kit. This is not only helpful for our plated bore cylinders but also important for the cast iron set up as well!

·
Laughing Poseur
5,250 Posts
Not trying to stir up crap but are you the guys that have the coating (Nitrate maybe?) that there were issues with years ago?

jus checkin

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I ran one of Revperf 98" kits on my 04 S.Glide w/o any issues. We did clean the jugs multiple times per their guidelines before install. The Nisk coated cylinders do seem to run cooler than the OEM lined cylinders. After switching to the 98"'er; my JAGG oil cooler (185 F stat) hardly opened up?? Everything else was normal??:whistle:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not trying to stir up crap but are you the guys that have the coating (Nitrate maybe?) that there were issues with years ago?

jus checkin

No worries my friend and thanks for bringing this up!! I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to clear up some misconceptions about the plated bore cylinders. Our cylinder reliability is the highest in the industry. So of the issues we had in the past were not cylinder related. They all had to due with the Pistons and rings we had used with the cylinders. These issues we ran into we're the ring tensions were on the high side and the piston skirts were not holding there shape. The piston would begin to rock in the bore causing the rings to lose seal thus consuming oil. To also answer you question on the failure rate of our plated bore cylinders is less than one tenth of one percent. Our parent company Millennium Technologies has a very rigorous quality control process that prevents cylinders with any imperfections from ever getting into the customers hands. This is why we are so confident in our product and process we offer a life time warranty on the cylinder. We have been manufacturing our cylinders for about 15 years now and have many kits with at or above 100,000 miles. Your piston and ring set will ware long before the cylinder does.

With that being said our plated bore cylinder kits are some of the most reliable bolt on big bore kits in the road. I hope this answer some of your questions and if you have more please feel free to contact me and we can talk further about our products and services.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts