V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 FLHTC that is bone stock for now, and I want to make the bike have several different "styles".

1) Tour pack on - long trips

2) Two up seat with sissy bar - riding around town with the Old lady

3) Solo seat - riding by myself, sporty look

I removed the tour pack and to me the rear of the bike looked like crap. The license plate, and the bar that the tour pack bolt on to just look cluttered. Not to mention it is a pain unbolting the tour pack.

Is there some sort of kit, or what do I need to buy to relocate the plate and get rid of the bar on the back to make the bike look clean when the tour pack is off?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Harley makes a quick detach kit for the tour pack and a docking kit for a sissy bar and back rest. With this rig you can transform your scooter in minutes with no tools.:clap: You can get a kit from the MoCo to relocate your plate below the tail light. I do not know of anything you can do about the bar,maybe someone else does.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Take a look at 8-Ball's bike. I did the same with my Ultra, don't have recent pics. Takes about 10 minutes to go from full touring to solo. I have a second seat for solo. I'll try to find the link for the bar replacement, or you can hack it off and use end caps.

Pics

More info here

More.....

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Buddy of mine did it to his Ultra. Has the docking kit for the box, has a Corbin two piece seat. Goes from solo to two up with a box in about 10 to 15 minutes. Looks really clean too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Here's my RK with license plate below tail light (with clear light at bottom of light) and my turn signals moved to brackets between saddle bags and rear fender. I think all those items are in Drag Specialties. I have a 2 piece Mustang seat, usually ride solo. I can put the passenger backrest on or a tour pak.

With the old Shovel fairing, RK windshield or just go bare, I call it my lego bike. Snap and fit pieces to suit my mood or the trip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
WVWayne has it right. I use the Mustang solo with add on passenger pad with either tour pack or sissy bar. Lay down plate helps the ass end. 95 Big Bore increases the distance from the ass of your bike and the front of others.

Here is mine with just the solo seat. The passenger pad slides over solo studs and one screw puts it in place. Then quick disconnect either back rest and back again in 3 min.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I guess I have to add my poor boy method....I still like my tye-raps for the license plate:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
bdog1234 said:
I have a 05 FLHTC that is bone stock for now, and I want to make the bike have several different "styles".

1) Tour pack on - long trips

2) Two up seat with sissy bar - riding around town with the Old lady

3) Solo seat - riding by myself, sporty look

I removed the tour pack and to me the rear of the bike looked like crap. The license plate, and the bar that the tour pack bolt on to just look cluttered. Not to mention it is a pain unbolting the tour pack.

Is there some sort of kit, or what do I need to buy to relocate the plate and get rid of the bar on the back to make the bike look clean when the tour pack is off?

Here's a thread to a slide show of photos of my bike. The only thing this doesn't show is the passenger backrest that is now on the tour pack and it doesn't show with my Corbin Classic Solo seat, either......but this might give you some ideas (don't forget the lay down license plate bracket, too).....
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=12&uid=912505&gid=3609081&

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
adlerx said:
Here's Hozilla's former bike, I think that rear end looks great, I love 8ball's too!
Hey, that's my old bike! I am planning on getting a Street Glide in the near future and will probably do it all over again, but I can't decide whether to buy now or wait until the 07's come out to see what they do with them..... 6 speed maybe????

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Hogzilla said:
Hey, that's my old bike! I am planning on getting a Street Glide in the near future and will probably do it all over again, but I can't decide whether to buy now or wait until the 07's come out to see what they do with them..... 6 speed maybe????
I'm thinking the exact same thing. I think I'm waiting for 07. What better bikes to throw a 6 speed in than the Touring models?! Either gonna get a Street Glide or a EG Classic and customize it.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
You know, it just occured to me, you want what we all want which is total convertability. There is a problem though, the rear docking kit for the quick release tour pak is butt effin ugly! The quick release mount for the tour pack is no no beauty pagent winner either.
There's the rub!
You can have total convertability but your gonna loose some pretty.....

Why does life have to have so many compromises? I hate compremise!!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Adlerx...how so? Maybe I haven't seen the type of quick release gear you're talking about, but I couldn't see where there was anything ugly or obtrusive about the quick release docking gear. What part is ugly? I would fix the rear light bars etc, but I'm curious if there is something I'm missing re: the release docking gear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Moco sells some magnetic chrome hardware covers in the Dyna section that will cover the rear points when not in use.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
adlerx said:
You know, it just occured to me, you want what we all want which is total convertability. There is a problem though, the rear docking kit for the quick release tour pak is butt effin ugly! The quick release mount for the tour pack is no no beauty pagent winner either.
There's the rub!
You can have total convertability but your gonna loose some pretty.....

Why does life have to have so many compromises? I hate compremise!!
This is true. Something to think about before spending lots of money cleaning up back end.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I "think" the ugly part referred to is the traigular chrome brackets along with the chrome Bar and License plate combo still left on after removal of the tour-pak. Vs. the clean look that Hogzilla's bike has with an entirely smooth rear fender setup.

For my '89, the Tour pak bracket is completly different than the newer models and there is no quick disconnect kit.
I fabbed my own using the orignal Tour pack Bracket.

With a laydown taillight and the license plate mounted underneath the tail light, now when the tour pac is off, It looks very much like Hogzilla's setup and then can be quickly put on to be a full dresser again...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts