V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys clean and polish the hard to get to places? There are some chrome pieces that i just can't get my hand or rag on to clean. I'm sure some of you guys have come up with some unique ideas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
Q tips, strips of rags for spokes, pencil with piece of cotton towel on the end...

I use the 3 foot rule for bikes, 6 foot rule for cars.

JMS in TX
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JMS said:
Q tips, strips of rags for spokes, pencil with piece of cotton towel on the end...

I use the 3 foot rule for bikes, 6 foot rule for cars.

JMS in TX
Whats the 3 and 6 rule, how far back you stand to look at it?
 

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
Joined
·
2,116 Posts
mori55 said:
How do you guys clean and polish the hard to get to places? There are some chrome pieces that i just can't get my hand or rag on to clean. I'm sure some of you guys have come up with some unique ideas.
I found that the real tough and hard to reach places it works best if I act flustered and chew on my lower lip and the O/L cleans them. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
mori55 said:
How do you guys clean and polish the hard to get to places? There are some chrome pieces that i just can't get my hand or rag on to clean. I'm sure some of you guys have come up with some unique ideas.
For the hard-to-get-at-places, I find a toilet brush w/ car-wash soap and water works well. There is a variety of small, nylon-bristle brushed at the grocery store, cheap. I prefer the ones w/ nylon handles (brushes w/ wire handles can (and have) scratched my bike (like the sprocket holes). Hopes this helps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
lol the 3 foot rule and the 5 foot rule .... how about the 20/20 rule ,, twenty feet and twenty mph. I look at it if its hard to clean its prolly hard to see ....ride the bike, its not a shrine its a freeking motorcycle.... I find my bike too much fun to ride to really get real anal about primping it ..its just going to get dirty again .....if it dont itch and it dont stink ,, no worries lol..........rat
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ratt said:
lol the 3 foot rule and the 5 foot rule .... how about the 20/20 rule ,, twenty feet and twenty mph. I look at it if its hard to clean its prolly hard to see ....ride the bike, its not a shrine its a freeking motorcycle.... I find my bike too much fun to ride to really get real anal about primping it ..its just going to get dirty again .....if it dont itch and it dont stink ,, no worries lol..........rat
Well i like to ride too, 10,000 miles since may that's not to bad, but i like to keep my stuff clean. But i guess if i was a real biker i would just let it all go ****. You know i really get tired of all the experts who know the right way to be a biker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
mori55 said:
Well i like to ride too, 10,000 miles since may that's not to bad, but i like to keep my stuff clean. But i guess if i was a real biker i would just let it all go ****. You know i really get tired of all the experts who know the right way to be a biker.

Polish away ,, then, no one is stopping you. But then you get to the point you wont ride if you know its going to rain ,, or you wont ride on a sunny saturday to stay home and detaile the bike,, ...your bike has become a shrine not a motorcycle ..... I think we all know people who fall into this relm ......and no i dont think they are real motorcycle people ,, they are the french poodle show dogs of two wheels. the key is do what makes you happy.......One must realize that if you get to the point you would rather primp the bike than ride it .... you have lost the game. Its my opinion , take it for what its worth. I wash my bike every two weeks or so ....i detail it up one time a year....I ride it pretty well every day ......I have friends that spend all their time primping the bike for a bike night .... personally i would rather have a less clean bike and spend my time riding ......I can honestly say i have ridden it 5000 miles and washed nothing but the windshield ....i have friends that will, get up early on a trip to wash the bike before the days ride ....Personally i think that is a little obsessive ......rat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
mori55 said:
Well i like to ride too, 10,000 miles since may that's not to bad, but i like to keep my stuff clean. But i guess if i was a real biker i would just let it all go ****. You know i really get tired of all the experts who know the right way to be a biker.
Hey mori55, you are way out of line here. Rat is joking with you and suggesting that maybe you, like him, just ride rather than clean. He was not making a personal attack. He didn't even suggest that real bikers don't clean their bikes.... he just said he didn't. The illogical progression was yours alone. Lighten up man.... Me thinks you may be a bit of an ARSE.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
8-Ball said:
Hey mori55, you are way out of line here. Rat is joking with you and suggesting that maybe you, like him, just ride rather than clean. He was not making a personal attack. He didn't even suggest that real bikers don't clean their bikes.... he just said he didn't. The illogical progression was yours alone. Lighten up man.... Me thinks you may be a bit of an ARSE.
I ask a simple question about cleaning my bike and know it turns into this crap. I think there are two arse's for turning this thread around, don't you guys have anything else to do than jumping on someone when they ask a question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
mori55 said:
I ask a simple question about cleaning my bike and know it turns into this crap. I think there are two arse's for turning this thread around, don't you guys have anything else to do than jumping on someone when they ask a question.
Don't you have just a speck of a sense of humor. Your question was answered by several, including me. What the hell do you want. No one jumped on you. You were the first, my friend, to sling crap.

mori55 said:
But i guess if i was a real biker i would just let it all go ****. You know i really get tired of all the experts who know the right way to be a biker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
8-Ball said:
Don't you have just a speck of a sense of humor. Your question was answered by several, including me. What the hell do you want. No one jumped on you. You were the first, my friend, to sling crap.

LOL ,,, i am willing to bet he has canceled a ride, because he thought it might rain .....and he just cleaned his bike .....i think we hit a nerve.....lol. rat
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ratt said:
LOL ,,, i am willing to bet he has canceled a ride, because he thought it might rain .....and he just cleaned his bike .....i think we hit a nerve.....lol. rat
Of course i have cancelled a ride because of rain , but if i was a hardass biker like you i would just go out and show everyone how tough i was.
It seems everytime i see your name in a thread your starting crap, don't you have anything better to do? Or are you one of theses guys who think they now everthing, can talk alot ,then go to the dealer because he can't figure out how to change the oil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
mori55 said:
Of course i have cancelled a ride because of rain , but if i was a hardass biker like you i would just go out and show everyone how tough i was.
It seems everytime i see your name in a thread your starting crap, don't you have anything better to do? Or are you one of theses guys who think they now everthing, can talk alot ,then go to the dealer because he can't figure out how to change the oil.

What an idiot... sorry I answered this thread in the first place.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top