V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on cleaning the solid rear wheel on a Deuce. I've considered having it chromed but, too expensive, someone suggested getting it polished which makes it almost as easy to clean as chromed.

What about just getting it cleaned, mine has spots almost like tarnish and i've scrubbed the hell out of it and no chance of it coming off.

Anyone found a way to clean em good?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got an '02 Fatboy and found that denatured alcohol works wonders on cleaning hard to get stuff of the wheels. A buddy of mine says Simple Green will do the same thing.

- Z

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i'll try the alcohol. Simple green didn't do the job for me.
Those "stains" are in there good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Chromethathog.com did a great job chroming my Deuce rear wheel. They're customer relations are pretty poor, but the work they did was excellent and quick - no complaints at all.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I used Simi-Chrome Polish on my Deuce wheel-- Took the same stains right out-- made it look like polished! Total cost $7.00, + 1 hr. elbow grease.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Put it up on the stand once a week and water it down with house soft water, then wipe it up. When I first got it, I waxed the hell out of it. Seems to be keeping the luster pretty good so far.

For those that have your wheel chromed, how long ago did you have
it done, and have you noticed any problems?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I may be wrong but those wheels are clearcoated like my Nighttrain rear wheel lip (The center on mine is Black Powdercoat). There are many Clearcoated wheel Polishes on the market , I use one by Mothers polishes. Seems to work well and keeps the salt air from corroding my wheel lip area. Just my .02. Hope it helps. But obviously Chrome would look better!
BK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts