V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Speed
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:coffee: What is the recommended product to clean, restore, and refresh the silver powdercoat engines?

I have seen s100 Engine Brightener recommended for the black engines. Does it work equally well on the silver engines?

What about Pig Spit?

I did a search but found a lot of information on the black engines...not so much on the silvers.

Well, give up the info! :cheers: What is the best product for those of us with the silver engines?

·
Registered
267 Posts
General cleaning your normal wash and a bike brush will do fine. If you have a home steam cleaner that will do good on some stains. Remember to always use least aggressive products first and go from there.
Pig Spit will add a shiner appearance.
Restore? You will have to be more specific...are there imperfections that need to be repaired?

·
Speed
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3Dog said:
Restore? You will have to be more specific...are there imperfections that need to be repaired?
No specific imprefections...maybe restore is not the right word. Basically, I want it to look showroom new. Seems the powercoast has lost a little of its luster. Also, I have some stubborn areas of dirt that don't come off with the normal car wash and brush.

Thanks for the tip on the steamer. I might try that...expecially undernear the motor where that real stubborn dirt lives.

Does S100 make the engine powercoat shine like Pig Spit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts