V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys tell me what to do here. I'll buy the dremmel tool and get the valves removed. What I heard is to debure the exhaust and polish.
The intake, debure and leave the intake course untill the guide then polisu around the guide.
What about the combustion chamber?
Thank you in advance
Vaughn

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
What I did on mine was to put the intake flange to the head and use a marker to indicate size of port. Basically port match the head. Then go to work and relieve all excess matl. On the guide support make the leading edge come to almost a sharp edge, kind of a knife adge. I did both ports and made a vast improvement, Ive heard arguments both ways about the intake, but figured after I had already removed so much matl aroud the port opening I might as well finish the rest of it. Glad I did. Also blend the top side of the valve seat with the aluminum casting to aid flow into the chamber.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
All you need is a 8" C clamp and you can take the valves out yourself. I use a 3/4" peace of pipe (about 1" long) that I cut about in half to make a "C". Place the "C" on top the valve the clamp on that and compress. Sometimes a little taping is needed to brake the keepers lose.

Port match gets almost as much (for the home porter) as the rest of your porting will.

I use the course to medium to polish for the intake ports. Polish the last 1/2 before the seat. Medium grit (120 wheel)in the middle a course (60 wheel) in the 1st part & the manafold. Taking off some of the bump in front of the valve guides is a +. Dont get too pointed , just a blunt V. Polish at will in the combustion chamber, but deshourding the lip around the valve seat is helpfull .

For the exhaust open is up but at the exit DO NOT tuch the bottom 1/2 of the port. Insted open the top 1/3 too your S/E exhaust seal then blend the sides down to the last 1/2 of the "untuched" botton part of the port. This is very helpful for your "AR", and realy helps TQ. The "pocket" of the exhaust need a good bit of work and if your careful you can open the seat up "not to tuch the actual valve seating area" to match the port. Polish the hell out of the port. Take Pic & post them,,,,.....

Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts