V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! just wanted to share another helmet lock location that I installed on my 09 Muscle, the lock screwed down though an existing hole in the frame top plate and only had to add a .159" location pin hole, the lock clears everything under the the seat and alows the helmet to hang on the side and clear the exhaust, I'll attach a couple of pictures.
Regards,
Kent

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Way to be ingenious! Nice outta sight mount. But, how easy is it to remove the seat? Aren't you afraid someone may steal that?
The seat just lifts up, but the clasp covers the mounting bolt when locked, if someone wants something bad enough their going to get it, it just stops someone from just grabbing it and taking off with it.

Kent

Reactions: Brand'd

·
Registered
2004 FLSTCI, 1993 FXDL
1,536 Posts
The seat just lifts up, but the clasp covers the mounting bolt when locked, if someone wants something bad enough their going to get it, it just stops someone from just grabbing it and taking off with it.

Kent
That being said, I've seen helmet straps cut in order to get the helmet. Guess they didn't care about using the strap, or maybe they had a way to put a new one on. It is true, if they really want it, they'll get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts