V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes - actually asking before tearing something up :) what a concept!

I am currently re-sealing the left side of my '01 RC. Between the monkey method with the new parts and the parts & service manual, most of the work is pretty straightforward.

The one thing the manuals aren't real clear about is the location of the quad seal. If I slide the drive sprocket spacer off of the mainshaft I can see a strip of rubber against the drive gear. Is that it? It looks close to the same as the replacement but...

Before I start digging around in there with picks to pull it out, I want to make sure I'm going after the right thing and not shredding a seal that will require a tranny tear-down to replace.

Thanks in advance!

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thomas_l said:
The one thing the manuals aren't real clear about is the location of the quad seal. If I slide the drive sprocket spacer off of the mainshaft I can see a strip of rubber against the drive gear. Is that it? It looks close to the same as the replacement but...

No dice on the query here so I did proceed carefully, being ready to start putting things back together.

I had guessed correctly - the strip of rubber against the drive gear behind the drive sprocket spacer was the quad seal pictured in the parts manual.

I figured I'd answer my own post just in case someone turns this thread up in a search at a later date.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts